🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracker app says "Connection Lost" even ...
Page options
kgybanez
Community Member

Time tracker app says "Connection Lost" even if I have a fast and stable internet connection

Hi. So since yesterday, my time tracker app went offline and said "CONNECTION LOST". I wasn't bothered since it caches up to 12 hours. But today, I logged in and it's the same thing and I'm nearing 12 hours already. I can access every website with no problem, my internet is fast and stable. I cannot even submit a ticket or chat with an agent. Please help as I need to continue the time tracker to continue working. Thank you

20 REPLIES 20
JoanneP

Hi Kristal Gayle,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared here? If the issue persists, please follow the steps under "How do I report a problem?" so our team can investigate further. If you need any help, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kimduolingo
Community Member

Kristal, did you ever get this figured out? Do you remember what the fix was?

Hi Kimberly,

Do you need help regarding the Desktop app or anything else? If yes, feel free to share more details with me here so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My Upwork time tracker was working fine but my internet connection has lost for 2 hours. but I continued the work and the time tracker was taking screenshots. but when my internet connection was stable and all websites and apps working fine but Upwork time tracker still saying "Connection lost".
Please help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Desktop App. Have you tried using the troubleshooting steps listed here? If so, and the problem still persists, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ea8e7ce8
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you to response on my issue. Now it is working fine.

Hi, I am having the same issue since yesterday. I have already reinstalled Upwork desktop but still the problem not resolved. Going through troubleshooting steps by clearing the cache I am afraid I will loose my all previous memos. Seems kinds risky. How did you find the solution, what were the steps, can you explain in brief, thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue I unstalled and install new version as well still showing "connection lost"

See the image. I run it for 5 hours and no time is logged

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Follow this steps.
1. keep your tracker on. 
2. turn off your wifi internet.

3. connect to your mobile hotspot.
4. check your tracker if the problem is fixed if not...
5. Go to the settings and sign out.
6. Sign in again with your Upwork account.
I am sure the issue will be resolved. 

Noted: Make sure during this process, you connect your tracker with mobile hotspot not with wifi internet. if the problem resolved, keep it connected with mobile hotspot for a while and then connect back to the wifi internet. 

Hi Hoshiyar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
celine143
Community Member

I am experiencing the same thing. It says Connection Lost for a week now. I tried reinstalling it but it still says the same thing. Now after 20 hours of working, my work diary is empty and no hours were logged at all. Someone please help me fix this. I tried hotspot and wifi. When I click Support it says No internet connection but I can use the internet on other websites with no problem

Hi Mary Arcilyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f20a3872
Community Member

my desktop app says "connection lost", but I have a stable internet connection, I'm Asked to wait for 24-48 hrs, by then my weekly limit would have been over, Is there any solution to this, or will I loose my earnings this week?

Hi Oluwadare,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with the Desktop App. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
aa48a708
Community Member

For the last few weeks I am also getting this error all the time.   I am doing online development, so I KNOW my connection is stable and working when I am trying to track time.   
SOLUTION - ALTHOUGH TEMP FIX (Win10):

- EXIT out of the App using the Settings  Icon - Do not just close the app

- Open the app again

- The App then starts to sync the work done while it was "offline".

I just do not have the time at the moment to go through a lot of troubleshooting steps, I hope someone at Upwork will poick up on this and fix the issue on a new release.

94d018b2
Community Member

Same issue

barbacenachris75
Community Member

Hi I have same issue and is been 24 hours!!!

Hi Christine,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
barbacenachris75
Community Member

Also, >> Offline tracking limit reached!

Please ensure network connectivity and restart the app.
Can someone help, please?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members