cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracker constantly updating

Highlighted
Rosetta T Member Since: Jan 30, 2016
1 of 5

I have a problem with the Upwork time tracker, which I'm using on a Macbook Pro.

At least one a day, and sometimes several times a day, it tells me that it has downloaded an update and wants to restart the app. If I have the app running becasue I am working, I select 'Later', but if I'm not using it I tell it to go ahead and restart. But it just keeps on happening.

This is very annoying. It hasn't affected the time tracking as far as I can tell, although I've started doing a manual check just to make sure I'm not overcharging my clents or shortchanging myself.

Is this a known problem, and is there a fix?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 5

Hello Rosetta,

Can you please provide us the version of the app you are using? Please also try this troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the issue. If the problem still persists, please let us know.   

Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 5

I'm using Version 4.2.153.0 (FE1821).

The problem hasn't recurred for about five hours, but I haven't been working during that time either.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Rosetta, 

If the issue persists after you have tried the troubleshooting steps, please let us know so that we can assist you further. You can also file a ticket from the Upwork Desktop App itself by clicking on your name on the lower left-hand side of the app, and clicking on "Support and Feedback."

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 5

Thank you. I'll do that if it happens again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS