cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracker help

Ace Contributor
Rai B Member Since: Jul 24, 2015
1 of 5

Hi all, my first time here and using TIME TRACKER.

So, when Im working I click ON. I need toilet i click OFF. I then come back and click ON right? It tallys my time up when the contract is finished.

Am I correct on all these points?

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
2 of 5

Yes that is correct. 

Run the time tracker while you work on hourly contracts, no need to use it on fixed contracts. It will track your time for the day and for the week.

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
3 of 5

Rai,

Welcome to Upwork!

Something you might want to keep in mind...  If you don't take any action every 10 minutes on the computer, then it won't track any time.  

When I work on a programming project, I spend time writing notes, drawing diagrams, outlines, etc...  So about 10% of the time I end up with gaps in my time.  So if you have work that involves more than 10 minutes of off-line time, then you will need to negotiate manual time into your hourly contract.

Best regards,

Daniel

Venkata K Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
4 of 5

Yes. You are correct. Make sure you dont stay Idle when you keep the time tracker on. If you stay idle it wont track time . It also takes screen shots, you can check all the tracked time in your upwork account.

Ace Contributor
Patti H Member Since: Feb 16, 2015
5 of 5

Doesn't track time when idle? Well that sucks! I am a bookkeeper and am always checking items off on statements or list by hand, so not moving my mouse or typing. I haven't noticed but will take note now. So what do we do, record manual time during these instances?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS