🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time tracker issue
Page options
katrinasese
Community Member

Time tracker issue

Anybody else experiencing time tracker issue? This started last friday. I thought it was because i’m using data during that time and it’s saying connection lost. i let it slide. Monday, it was working okay, same as tuesday. Today it was working okay too up until I switched clients. It said connection lost. I was using wifi this time and I did a speedtest and speed was at 15mbps. I closed the app and started it again with the first client I was working on and it wasn’t working any longer too. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the time tracker app. I have also restarted the computer. Cleared cache, flushdns and nothing works, it says online this time, takes screenshots, but the time logged doesn’t increase nor does the work diary shows the screenshots. What do you think is the issue. This were all during when there is keyboard and mouse activity. Also. adding manual time is not working too! It’s saying server is busy at the moment. Try again later which i did too but still saying the same thing. Somebody help. I’m losing working hours because of this and it’s terrible 😔
26 REPLIES 26
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna Katrina,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I have already tried everything on the help article and I have also reported the problem but it seems like nobody is able to resolve it. I hope you look into this issue as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Katrina Sese

Hi Anna,

I`m sorry about the incovience this had caused you.
I can see that you have opened a ticket for this and our team will assist you further on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. i hope this gets resolved soon.🙏🏼

Hi Anna, 

I checked your account and can see that the team updated your open support ticket today (Ticket# 25850570). I would recommend that you follow up on the same ticket thread if you have more information or clarification about the issue, as it would be easier for our engineers to review the support ticket, versus this Community post. Just the same, I have followed up your ticket with the team, and they will get back to you soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alyisloved
Community Member

I was having the same error with client A. I was trying to use the tracker but there were no hours being recorded. I just tried it with client B, it was also not recording. However, when I tried adding manual hours for client B, I was able to do so. But only with client A, I was getting an error "Server is busy at the moment. Please try again later." It has been happenng since last week.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alyssa Camille,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I already did the troubleshooting required but still not working. I was even in contact with one of your support but I didn't receive any response or resolution from them yet. Please note that the time tracker error "Connection Lost" so as Adding Manual Hours error "Server is busy" are only happening with one particular client.Time tracker and manual hours are working fine with my other clients.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alyssa Camille,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Alyssa,

That was my same issue before, time tracker was not working for my Client A only. Then a few days after it’s not working anymore for Client B too.

I wonder who else is getting the same error. I had been dealing with this issue since last week and it's very inconvenient 😞

It is! I’m losing almost half of my earnings because even the manual add time is not working and I just don’t want to say to my client “here are my worked hours” and expect them to take my word for it. Plus, it’s also time consuming on their part to send the salary as a bonus.

Can this be fixed? I am having the same issue and I don't know how it can be resolved as I need to continue working! 

This was the response I received from the Support Team.

It appears that your issue is more complex, and so your issue is being handled by Technical Support Team for further assistance. I will be sending you a reply as soon as I receive an update. I have set the status of your ticket to "on-hold," but you do not need to provide additional information at this time.

For the meantime, lease clear Cache in UTA Settings and let your client know you are unable to add manual time and a bonus payment would be an option as a workaround for you to receive your pay.
SS: https://url.upwork.com/_01Vx4CztQGFzG9D0yxjzKxjd9q3M4Y5SPH

They kept on asking me to Clear the Cache but that doesn't resolve the issue. 🙁

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bukola,

Are you also unable to add manual time as others have posted here? If not, please let me know the problem you`re having on your end.

I would also recommend submitting a ticket from the app directly as it will include your logs and our team will be able to investigate it faster. To do this click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

The time tracker states connection lost immediately I turn it on, As I am working it takes screenshots but the time isn't logging and it keeps notifying me that connection is lost. I am losing money because of this error.

Bukola

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bukola,

The desktop app, especially when trying to upload logged time, requires a stable Internet connection. It should reconnect and upload the cache automatically as soon as the connection stabilizes, usually within a few minutes. Rest assured the Upwork desktop app has a time-caching mode so you can continue logging time through minor Internet connection issues.  The latest version of the desktop app can cache about 12 hours at a time.

If you continue to experience the same problem (and your connection is stable) please submit a ticket directly from the app so that our team can investigate it and assist you further:

1. Click your name at the lower left of the app
  2. Select 'Support and Feedback'
  3. Enter the details of your issue and click 'Send'

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have done that and I was told that I will get feedback in 1 working day

Is there any update on this? I'm still facing the same issue. 

Same here. Last update given was, they’re still working on it.

Hi Alyssa Camille and Anna Katrina,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm on day 4 of this issue. Upwork is inept and should have telphone support:

**Edited for community guidelines**

I've tried every fix suggested. It is not my coneection as my computer is working perfectly in evreyway with the internet and wifi is very strong and fast. Upwork keeps kicking this problem down the road by opening new tickets and saying that they will get back to me. They don't. It's been 4 days and I have lost 4 days of revenue. I'm not surprised Upwork lost 10% of it's value on the stock market yesterday. A tech company that can't support it's software or provide a basic level of customer support is bound to fail.  We have sent a man to the moon and upwork cant fix a problem that other people have experienced it appears like for several years. Very frustrated!

Hi Craig,

Our apologies for the inconvenience this caused. I'll follow up with our executive escalations team regarding your concern. They will reach out to you as soon as possible and further assist directly via your existing ticket.

Thanks so much for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Happy to report after 4 days the issue is fixed

I hope my archive file helps the Upwork tech team learn more about the
incident so other upworkers don't have to go through this difficult period.
I would encourage upwork to have a faster way to get to speak live with an
advisor. The chat is not a format that works in this type of situation and
the long lag time as this made its way to you is excruciating as a
freelancer.

Thank you.

I'm glad to hear that, Craig! Thank you for following up with the great news. I'll be sure to share your valuable feedback with our team. 

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths