cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracker issue

Anna Katrina S Member Since: Nov 15, 2018
11 of 22
Hi Alyssa,

That was my same issue before, time tracker was not working for my Client A only. Then a few days after it’s not working anymore for Client B too.
Alyssa Camille M Member Since: Jul 28, 2018
12 of 22

I wonder who else is getting the same error. I had been dealing with this issue since last week and it's very inconvenient Smiley Sad

Anna Katrina S Member Since: Nov 15, 2018
13 of 22
It is! I’m losing almost half of my earnings because even the manual add time is not working and I just don’t want to say to my client “here are my worked hours” and expect them to take my word for it. Plus, it’s also time consuming on their part to send the salary as a bonus.
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
14 of 22

Can this be fixed? I am having the same issue and I don't know how it can be resolved as I need to continue working! 

15 of 22
This was the response I received from the Support Team.

It appears that your issue is more complex, and so your issue is being handled by Technical Support Team for further assistance. I will be sending you a reply as soon as I receive an update. I have set the status of your ticket to "on-hold," but you do not need to provide additional information at this time.

For the meantime, lease clear Cache in UTA Settings and let your client know you are unable to add manual time and a bonus payment would be an option as a workaround for you to receive your pay.
SS: https://url.upwork.com/_01Vx4CztQGFzG9D0yxjzKxjd9q3M4Y5SPH

They kept on asking me to Clear the Cache but that doesn't resolve the issue. 🙁

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 22

Hi Bukola,

Are you also unable to add manual time as others have posted here? If not, please let me know the problem you`re having on your end.

I would also recommend submitting a ticket from the app directly as it will include your logs and our team will be able to investigate it faster. To do this click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback. Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
17 of 22

Hi Goran,

The time tracker states connection lost immediately I turn it on, As I am working it takes screenshots but the time isn't logging and it keeps notifying me that connection is lost. I am losing money because of this error.

Bukola

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 22

Hi Bukola,

The desktop app, especially when trying to upload logged time, requires a stable Internet connection. It should reconnect and upload the cache automatically as soon as the connection stabilizes, usually within a few minutes. Rest assured the Upwork desktop app has a time-caching mode so you can continue logging time through minor Internet connection issues.  The latest version of the desktop app can cache about 12 hours at a time.

If you continue to experience the same problem (and your connection is stable) please submit a ticket directly from the app so that our team can investigate it and assist you further:

1. Click your name at the lower left of the app
  2. Select 'Support and Feedback'
  3. Enter the details of your issue and click 'Send'

Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
19 of 22

I have done that and I was told that I will get feedback in 1 working day

20 of 22

Is there any update on this? I'm still facing the same issue. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS