🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracker issues
Page options
somiamuhmad
Community Member

Time tracker issues

Hello, 

I have an issue with my time tracker app. I turn it on and it keeps on taking screenshots but the hour does not count. And when I check the Work  Diary, there is no logged time input. I have been working for more than three days now and no mention of them in my work diary. 

I'll keep working which is an issue because my contractor now has no idea how much time I'm tracking, what should I do? 

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

Are you working in the computer?

If not, then the time-tracker is working as intended.

If you turn it on and then bake a cake for one hour, not using the computer, then the application is designed to not record time.

Yes I'm working on this computer
petra_r
Community Member

Somia M wrote:

And when I check the Work  Diary, there is no logged time input. I have been working for more than three days now and no mention of them in my work diary. 

I'll keep working which is an issue because my contractor now has no idea how much time I'm tracking, what should I do? 

Is it the order management contract? If so, it does seem to have recorded time already. Are you checking in the right place?  Did your client say that they can't see your hours? (You are the contractor or freelancer, the person who hired you is the client)

Preston H wrote:

Are you working in the computer?

There would not be any screenshots if she was "baking a cake".

Hello Petra, 

It is the order management contract and It only recorded for the first week. 

And I'm sure I'm doing everything right, same work, the same contract, I don't have any other contacts at the moment so nothing changed since the last week when It was recording and everything was fine. And my client haven't said anything yet. 

Have you double-checked to make sure that this is an hourly contract?

It is possible for a freelancer to use the desktop time-tracker with a FIXED-PRICE contract. The tool would take screenshots and add to a work diary, but the hours don't get counted and you don't get "paid" for the time.

Yes, the contract is right, I'm sure what my contract is. 

Somia M wrote:

And I'm sure I'm doing everything right, same work, the same contract, I don't have any other contacts at the moment so nothing changed since the last week when It was recording and everything was fine. And my client haven't said anything yet. 

Is the time being counted on the tracker itself? In that case it is possible that something in your computer is preventing the screenshots from being uploaded. In that case it should say something like "you are working offline". The tracker's cache can hold up to 12 hours. When you go to the contract itself, does it say 0 hours this week? Or does it say 0 hours on the tracker too?

You can send a ticket with the tracker logs directly from the tracker via the settings cog. Do NOT delete and reinstall the tracker as that would delete any possible cache with the tracked hours.

Thanks a lot for your concern 
I have actually contacted the support team and a very nice and sweet member of them walked me through a lovely conversation till we finally tried the uninstalling and installing again way and it DID work! 

My weekly report was all there with the hours and screenshots and everything. 
BTW, she was the nicest support member ever 

Somia M wrote: 

My weekly report was all there with the hours and screenshots and everything. 
BTW, she was the nicest support member ever 

Awwww, that's lovely! Glad to hear it's all sorted!

Just to add to this - I've also been having the same issue as of about 2 weeks ago. The tracker is running and I get screenshot notifications, but no time is being added in the tracker or in the work diary. Closing the app and reopening fixed the issue every time though.

Yes, that's right! I have noticed the same issue.

It only happens when there is a connection issue, like Wifi signals dropping for a few seconds.

You might even get a message saying Connection Lost but time is still being tracked. That's why tracker keeps taking screenshots.

We just need to restart the tracker and the issue gets fixed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members