🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time tracker not logging time
Page options
sdcuster13
Community Member

Time tracker not logging time

I'm attempting to manually log my time as usual, but for the past two weeks, my time appears not to have been saved.

I input my time, the work description, and then hit the submit button, but does not reflect this on the weekly report.

When I saw that the time that I input was not there, I tried logging it again, but it then gives me an error that says "you already have time logged in for this timeframe", and will not allow me to be paid for the work I've done. Finally, when Sunday rolled around, my time was not tracked nor invoiced and paid out.

I was only able to successfully log time for one day this week, but any of my other attempts for other days have not worked. This is very frustrating and putting me off of working.

I have attached images in case that may help.

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Stuart,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues using the Time Tracker App. I would just like to confirm, are you using the updated version of the App? Have you also tried uninstailling/reinstalling it? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello and thanks for your response.

I have been using the desktop website exclusively for tracking hours. I
have just tried inputting my time through the mobile app, updated to its
most recent version, and it has worked and is now showing up successfully.
Is there anywhere we might be able to mention the desktop version issue
though?

Stuart, for what it's worth: Every time I had the exact same issue you describe, I had already added the manual time to another contract (a fixed rate one, so nothing would show on hours worked...)

I think if you check all the work diaries for the fixed rate contracts you have open, you may well find the time added in there...

Ooh, that is strange.

Currently I'm only working off of one hourly contract (the one in question), and I've only had one fixed contract for the two previous weeks that had already been paid in escrow, and finally released this Friday. The issue seemed sudden, as this hourly contract had been working normally for the entire year I've been on it.

Stuart Drake C wrote:

Currently I'm only working off of one hourly contract (the one in question), and I've only had one fixed contract for the two previous weeks that had already been paid in escrow, and finally released this Friday. The issue seemed sudden, as this hourly contract had been working normally for the entire year I've been on it.

Look at your work diaries... The contract in the "add manual time" field seems to randomly change and for me it adds to a fixed price contract as default I haven't worked on since 2017

If I can not find manual time I have added, it INVARIABLY sits in there, doing absolutely nothing of course because hours on fixed rate contracts never show anywhere and aren't billed or paid, but they prevent you from adding the same time to another contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths