Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracker on Surface Go

c6273675
Erina M Member Since: Nov 9, 2018
1 of 6
Hi All,

I have a question.
Does the time tracker work on the latest Microsoft Surface Go (for Business, Windows 10 Pro)?

In the past thread, it has been concluded that it works on Surface Pro.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Time-Tracker-on-Surface-Pro/td-p/166214/page/2
But since these two are completely different devices, I wanted to see if anyone knows about the Go' compatibility with the tracker.

Thank you,
EM
c6273675
2 of 6
I forgot to add this earlier;
Please also let me know if it counts key strokes and clicks.

Best,
EM
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

The new tracker should work on a Surface Pro that runs Windows 10 as comfirmed by Valeria late last year here

c6273675
4 of 6
Hi Petra,

Thanks for your prompt response, but I'm afraid the mentioned thread doesn't answer my questions.

Valeria refers to "2 in 1" devices, not Surface.
Microsoft 2 in 1 is basically a laptop, which keyboard can fold completely opposite way so you can use it as a tablet as well.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/2-in-1s
On the other hand, Surface is a tablet. It's looks like a 2 in 1 laptop but it's not. It doesn't come with a keyboard. It's a separate accessory, and we just connect it, so it's important to also know if key strokes and clicks work normally in such cases.

If anyone knows about the compatibility, please kindly let us know.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

Hi Erina,

We would suggest for freelancers to utilize a physical mouse and keyboard for doing work on hourly contracts that they want tracked by Upwork App. Upwork App will work on Microsoft Surface to a certain extent since it is still running Windows 10. However, the App does not support touch interactions, so tapping on the screen and keystrokes on virtual keyboards may not register correctly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

c6273675
6 of 6
Valeria and Walid,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Cheers,
EM
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS