🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracker stopped working
Page options
gaucho76
Community Member

Time tracker stopped working

Last week one of my projects finished. After that, the Upwork time tracker died. It just opens and you can see messages. Furthermore, I'm able to log time to teh closed contract! (I tested for 5 seconds because it's stalled at that closed contract). But the time tracker is completely dead.

I contacted support, they were less than helpful, as a matter of fact they didn't even get the correct OS even though it goes with the message. They sent me instructions for Windows when I'm on Mac. The most disturbing part was (I quote):

This is a known issue and our technical team is already looking into it. We will update you once the resolution is in place or once fixed.

Just in case: this is a KNOWN fact and wasn't resolved. The logical thing any company would do is to rollback, not to say "oopsie! your loss!"

Needless to say I didn't hear again from "support"

Anyways, since it seems I'm on my own, I tried loggin in and off, de-installing and then re-installing a fresh version, even tried a november 2019 version (5.2.3.771) I had on my downloads folder, but this time it doesn't even detect a Internet connection . I followed all troubleshooting steps in the help page, and nothing. In short, nothing worked. BAsically, the old app I have has been killed, and the current one is trying to look for a closed contract which returns a NULL value, and there's nothing I can do (at least that I can think)

So, at this point I can't log time with my clients, and I have not even a time frame for a solution, or an app, or anything at all, not even an answer from "support"

Maybe anyone has another version for Mac I can try?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry about the issues you've been having with the tracker. The fix for it is still in progress. That said, I see the team sent steps for the workaround on Mac on Saturday following up on your last message. Did you have a chance to try that? You should be able to access the ticket here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry about the issues you've been having with the tracker. The fix for it is still in progress. That said, I see the team sent steps for the workaround on Mac on Saturday following up on your last message. Did you have a chance to try that? You should be able to access the ticket here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you Valeria. For some reason teh mail from support never came through, not even on spam, but those instructions worked (I didn't try it yet but I see it's not stalled on that contract anymore and I can see all clients)

Im new to upwork, installed the time tracker, But I am unable to access the time tracker. I can only access the messaging service. Also I cannot find a way to contact tech support. Do you have a way I can contact someone at upwork and get the issue solved immediately?

Thanks,

Nimit

petra_r
Community Member

Nimit M wrote:

Im new to upwork, installed the time tracker, But I am unable to access the time tracker. I can only access the messaging service. Also I cannot find a way to contact tech support. Do you have a way I can contact someone at upwork and get the issue solved immediately?

Do you have an hourly contract? Did you download the tracker onto a computer (not a mobile device or a chromebook or similar?)

mnm8989
Community Member

Hi Petra, 

Yes I have an hourly contract, I did install the app on the computer

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nimit,

Could you also try to instal our beta version as well and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I triend the beta version and also 32 bit. None of them seem to be working

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nimit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members