🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracker taking screenshots of my blank w...
Page options
naomilai8
Community Member

Time tracker taking screenshots of my blank wallpaper?

Hello,

I usually work with milestones and am using the time tracker for the first time. It keeps taking screenshots of just my blank wallpaper (not even the folders on my home screen or anything). I confirmed with the client and they are seeing the same thing. 

I tried following this guide: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037843634-Activate-Screenshot-and-Webcam-for-MacOS-M...

But it didn't solve my problem. Has anyone else had to deal with this before? 
Attachment to show what the screenshot is displaying, my Upwork app (uninstalled and reinstalled already), and my home screen - with some redaction. 

Thanks in advance!

Naomi

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naomi,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
missannav
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
  
Please know that I noticed that I am having the same problem. The view of my work diary and the client's is the same. Blank wallpaper with the tracker on.

I followed the instructions here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037843634-Activate-Screenshot-and-Webcam-for-MacOS-M...

Reboot my Mac and my desktop app is up to date but it does the same thing.

Do you have a new resolution for this?

Thank you!
Ana

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 1.44.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 1.44.18 AM.png

Hi Analyn,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
pollyclover
Community Member

Hi Naomi!
Did you get this sorted out? I just got a new Mac and am having this issue, too. It never happened on my pc.

Hi Pauline,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

No, sorry it was never resolved but my client was happy for me to add manual time (which was fine in my case but I don’t recommend in general. I typically arrange to work by project to avoid issues with the time tracker.)
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members