Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracking in multiple jobs at same time in one freelancer account

bhadresh_sutaria
Bhadresh S Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1 of 8

Hello All,

Can we tract time in multiple hourly jobs at same time in one freelancer accout?

I know before some time upwork don't allowed desktop app loing in two machine but now we can do it.

Thanks in advance!

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
2 of 8
No. Your client is paying for your time... you can't use that time for someone else. Unless you want kicked off of Upwork. If that's the case, knock yourself out.
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 8

Hi Bhadresh, 

You will not be allowed to track time for multiple clients simultaenously. Additionally, you will not be allowed to add manual time on your Work Diary for hours in which you have logged time for in another contract. 

~ Avery
Upwork
da06923c
Sachin K Member Since: Jul 19, 2021
4 of 8

Hi community, can you also clear my doubts?

Suppose, I am an individual freelancer. I have two hourly-based clients (with tracker and no manual hours option). For the first client, I can be available from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM and for the second client, I can be available from 07:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

Now my question is that, If I track according to the mentioned hour, is this against the Upwork policy?

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
5 of 8

Sachin K wrote:

Hi community, can you also clear my doubts?

Suppose, I am an individual freelancer. I have two hourly-based clients (with tracker and no manual hours option). For the first client, I can be available from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM and for the second client, I can be available from 07:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

Now my question is that, If I track according to the mentioned hour, is this against the Upwork policy?

Since these times don't overlap, you are free to do this. 

kubatsson
Ace Contributor
Adis K Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
6 of 8

Why would it be against the rules if you're not combining 2 jobs at the same time?

da06923c
Sachin K Member Since: Jul 19, 2021
7 of 8
Hi ace,
As I mentioned in my post, the jobs time are not overlapping. So this is against the rule or not?
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 8

Sachin K wrote:

As I mentioned in my post, the jobs time are not overlapping. So this is against the rule or not?

As has been confirmed: It is not against the rules.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS