cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time-tracking issue - email from oDesk

Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
1 of 6
Just received this email: "We are writing because an issue that may affect your time-tracking ability when using the oDesk Team app has been detected. This happened because SSL 3.0 was disabled on our servers as part of new security improvements. Should your oDesk Team app appear stuck in caching mode and fail to upload your time, please follow these instructions for a quick and easy fix. This issue is limited to a small percentage of oDeskers, but if you have been affected we apologize for the inconvenience. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team at any time." WHAT TIME FRAME DID THIS OCCUR? HOW DO WE KNOW IF WE HAVE A PROBLEM? Thanks!!
Misti S Member Since: Jul 17, 2008
2 of 6
I also received this email, and while I saved it just in case it really is from oDesk, I didn't click on any of the links in the email. I suspect it may not truly be from oDesk, so I don't click the links. Maybe someone from oDesk could comment here and let us know if the email is legit.
Community Guru
3 of 6
Good point :-)
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6
Hi Jeri and Misti, The email you received is an official notification from oDesk, so do not disregard it as it contains some very important information. It is necessary for TLS protocols to be enabled on your computer in order for the Team App to track time correctly. So if you have experienced the issue with the Team App caching recently, please check whether TLS is enabled on your computer. There is more information about it in this help article.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
5 of 6
Thank you so much! How do we know if we have this problem? On saturday, I noted that my hours were about 2 hours off and planned on checking into this. I don't normally record time to keep an independent record, relying on time tracker to do this :-)
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6
Thank you for your question, Jeri! When your Team App is caching time, its status icon turns white instead of green. You will also see a pop-up notification if the cache is full but the Team App is still unable to upload cached information due to either connection issuer or security protocols settings.
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS