🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracking software
Page options
14658ff9
Community Member

Time tracking software

Hello, im to start work on the 19th and i need help with the time tracking software. i have a Chromebook and it doesn't show compatibility, is there a link for a shortcut 

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Theo,

I would recommend to communicate with your client about enableing to add Manual time or to switch to a fixed price contract. 

Please keep in mind that if you don't use our Desktop app your client will not be billed for the time you have worked. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is there any way around this? so that my client can be billed. How can it
not support chromebooks ? It's a common computer

Hi Theo,

I understand your frustration with this and I will share your feedback with our team.
As I've mentioned in my previous post you can either add manual time to your contract or switch to a fixed price contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

when can i hear from your team?

Theo:

The Chromebook is not intended to be a full-featured desktop computer. It is - by design - a thin client for connecting to the Internet and using web applications.

Upwork's desktop time-tracker is a desktop application. It is not a web application run in a browser.

It is not surprising that there is no desktop support from Upwork for Chromebook.

re: "when can i hear from your team?"

Let's put it this way: If your sister asks you to go to lunch with her... don't tell her you can't go because you're waiting for a call from Upwork.

thank you
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Theo,

Keep in mind that if you do not use Upwork's TimeTracker app to track your actual work time for your client's project you will have no payment protection from Upwork if your client decides not to pay you for some or all of the manual time you register for the project.

If you do not know your client well and trust him/her completely, manual time is a very high risk approach to getting paid in full on Upwork projects.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members