🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Tips for a Re-joiner
Page options
j_kuria
Community Member

Tips for a Re-joiner

Greetings guys,

Ever since I reactivated my profile I haven't has any offers. I have applied to many projects but unfortunately I haven't landed a gig.

Am open to ideas on how I could improve my chances and get a good gig.

JK
3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Jackson K wrote:
Greetings guys,

Ever since I reactivated my profile I haven't has any offers. I have applied to many projects but unfortunately I haven't landed a gig.

Am open to ideas on how I could improve my chances and get a good gig.

JK

There are none.

I'm not trying to be rude.

Even if there is a formula, doesn't apply to all/any freelancer.

Being a re-joiner, you knew that.

If you're willing and have time, share your unique experience.

- How long were you off?
- Now that you are back, do you have previous clients to contact, or are you doing it all from 0?
- What is your take on new connects system?

Hi Antun,

I have been off for about 3 years.

I do have a list of clients who I previously worked for mostly writing.

Over that period I have gained extensive skills in cash management, bookkeeping, financial reporting and data entry.

The new connect system is a whole new experience for me, I don't mind that a top client gets more connects when they place a job post. It acts as a "carrot" for the experienced freelancer and a "stick" for one who has minimal or no experience....

JK

Jackson K wrote:
Hi Antun,

I have been off for about 3 years.

I do have a list of clients who I previously worked for mostly writing.

Over that period I have gained extensive skills in cash management, bookkeeping, financial reporting and data entry.

The new connect system is a whole new experience for me, I don't mind that a top client gets more connects when they place a job post. It acts as a "carrot" for the experienced freelancer and a "stick" for one who has minimal or no experience....

JK

Your carrot analogy is fresh and very welcome view on the connects 'issue'.
I like it.

You've mentioned new skills gained. You're aware of the 'Specialized Skills' option for your profile (I cannot open it as it's listed as 'not public' when I click on your name) ?

I don't feel like there is any gain from it ('Specialized Skills'). No harm, therefore I've done it for my profile.

Other than that, have to repeat myself. You know how this (freelancing) world works. No tip would help you as you are already aware of it.

Just do your thing.
Don't expect invites (if that is something you're used to).

Check up on your clients as if they are gentle beings in need of you.
Keep sending proposals.
Wait for the summer to end.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members