cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on Searching for Higher-paying jobs

Highlighted
Frederick W Member Since: Mar 25, 2015
1 of 6

What is the best way to tailor a job search or the "my job feed" to reflect or prioritize higher paying contracts? I really only use the $/$$/$$$ criteria to do this at the moment, but it isn't optimal in my opinion. 

Anyone have tips about how to weed out the extremely low-paying jobs? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
2 of 6

From experience that's the only tool that works (that and looking at work requested vs. remuneration for fixed price jobs)...don't think you'll find other options...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 6

I use the skill level when searching. Although I am looking for something specific as i have limited hours, so I always tick Expert only (once in awhile Intermediate) as you aren't always going to see higher paying jobs typing in what you do. I also untick those who no no hires, then use the advanced option to choose specifics. 

It isn't 100% but it weeds out a lot of the lower paying jobs. I do not work fixed rate so that gets unticked as well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
4 of 6

Hi,

The Besy way to check client's profile before submission your cover letter if client has long term projects with high rate then you can proceed on. It takes more time but you can reach out what you are looking for. 

Warm Regards

Abdulrazaq

Highlighted
Frederick W Member Since: Mar 25, 2015
5 of 6
Thanks all! Definitely some good advice. Much appreciated.
Highlighted
Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Use the filters on the left-hand side of tSearch Results Page to find a job that matches your skills. Narrow your search based on category and Job Type Fixed-Price or Hourly). We want you to find a job that matches your desired pay rate by using “Experience level”. You can pick if you want to work with new or experienced clients. For Fixed Price jobs adjust the “Budget Bar”.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 6.03.05 PM.png

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS