🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Tips to Increase Job Satisfaction Score
Page options
mishharry
Community Member

Tips to Increase Job Satisfaction Score

I have a low JSS - 77% and am not getting responses to my proposals.  I have a feeling this started because I neglected to close out finished contracts (didn't know you had to) but I'm not really sure.  I figure I wasn't leaving my clients an opportunity to rate me by not closing them. I am completely frustrated because I have been doing this work for over 25 years and I know I have great customer satisfaction as I am told that all the time by other clients.  Tips? Advice?

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Michelle H wrote:

I have a low JSS - 77% and am not getting responses to my proposals.  I have a feeling this started because I neglected to close out finished contracts (didn't know you had to) but I'm not really sure.  I figure I wasn't leaving my clients an opportunity to rate me by not closing them. I am completely frustrated because I have been doing this work for over 25 years and I know I have great customer satisfaction as I am told that all the time by other clients.  Tips? Advice?

No this has nothing to do with leaving old contracts open. It rather could be that closing them all at once has put your "no feedback" jobs into a critical percentage, where they hurt you JSS. Upwork considers no feedback jobs as bad results, but only if you have a substantial number of them. 

Plus it looks weird to a client to have a huge chunk of jobs without feedback, so it would have been better to close one at a time between regular feedback contracts. 

petra_r
Community Member

Michelle H wrote:

I have a low JSS - 77% and am not getting responses to my proposals.  I have a feeling this started because I neglected to close out finished contracts (didn't know you had to) but I'm not really sure.

What is your private feedback percentage? (The "clients who would recommend me" percentage on your My Stats page)

That is what those clients who left a feedback REALLY think of their experience.

8cd94d61
Community Member

Hallo Mitchell, hope this finds you well,in everything in life,there are ups and downs,but the most important thing is to keep your head up the water.

By this I mean, do not be destructed while doing your job or do not be frustrated,do not give up on anything you do.

Be passionate with your work and you must understand that whatever you do,is very important.

The proposals you have  sent are good and I asure you that you will get response soon.

Thank you very much and have a great day ahead.

Why did you repplied for question from 2019 to already deleted freelancer?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths