cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to improve my profile

anandkumar575
Active

Hi,

I would like to make my profile stand out with skills I have. Could anyone here give me feedback on my profile and any improvements I could make?.

Thanks,
Anand

2 REPLIES 2
maryam-nasrullah
Community Guru

I have checked your profile for starters it is a great profile. If you want to improve it you can add a Video. I'm sure you know Hindi and other Regional Languages as well, add them.

You can add more relevant skills. You can link your Upwork profile to your other social media accounts. The links to these other accounts will not show up in your profile. However, Upwork will rate profiles that are linked to other accounts as more complete. So it will give your profile a little advantage in the ranking in the search results. 

The first two lines of this section will show up in the search results. That’s why it’s important that you use these first lines wisely. These lines determine if a possible client will click on your profile or not. Be sure to be clear in these first lines about what you can offer. I hope this could help you.

pavel_black
Ace Contributor

Hello Anand.

One suggestion: have less "I" and more "You" in your Overview section. I mean, when the client watches your profile, he actually wants to read about himself -- what he can get from you.

Also, you might want to read this Community thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Best Regards.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS