🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tired of Upwork changing the Exchange Rate
Page options
maytes
Community Member

Tired of Upwork changing the Exchange Rate

Does anyone explain to me why when I receive the withdrawal confirmation has a certain Exchange Rate and later receive the payment with a different and usually lower one? If I have requested the payment and they have confirmed it to me, the rate should be the one that appears at that time, not the one of the day after, nor that of within two days ... interestingly when the rate goes up, I have always been applied the lowest previous one, it must be a coincidence. I'm quite tired of this and very disappointed with this practice. Someone else happens?

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

I understand your frustration with this. Please keep in mind that the difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members