🐈 Community
1105hec

To Quit or Not to Quit?

The ONE job I've been hired for on Upwork has turned out to be unfruitful.  I was hired two weeks ago, and as of today, the job still hasn't begun.  

In fact, the client and I are members of IVAA.org, and I saw that she posted the same job there! 

Should I just let the job sit there forever without any activity?  Or should I end the job?  What's the potential impact on my job success score?  

4 REPLIES 4
tlbp

Probably shouldn't have flamed the client who said you left them. You did leave them.

@Tonya P wrote:

Probably shouldn't have flamed the client who said you left them. You did leave them.

Is it bad that I want to know more about this? 

Of COURSE it is!!! wow.

I'm no fun.... bah. 

lady_s

What an unfortunate situation! With such a bad start (and trust issues), even if I was sent the work, I wouldn't accept it at this point. I'd nicely end the relationship.

But this isn't about me...is about you. So, have you follow up with the client to send you the work, or instructions? If not, give it a try. If you did and the client is just unreponsive, still send a final reminder with the warning that you will have no choice but to move on. Just nicely word it, of course. Just as your bills won't keep waiting on that client either.

Best wishes, Heather

aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather, 

I checked your account and can see that the contract just started last July 5. While I cannot give a reason why a client would be inactive for a time, I suggest that you communicate extensively with your client before deciding to end the contract. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Learning Paths