Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Upwork Management: Please Revamp Job Search Feature for Freelancers

Highlighted
Lauren R Member Since: Dec 1, 2015
1 of 5

Dear Upwork Management:

To make it easier when searching "My Jobs," please allow freelancers to return to the last post they left before they wrote a proposal, rather than steering us back to the beginning of the jobs list each time, i.e., When I have completed a proposal for a given job, give me an arrow button that takes me right back to where I was on the jobs list, rather than have me start at the beginning each time. I hope this is clear, but I'm sure many freelancers are feeling the pain of sorting through jobs they've already gone through.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Christopher D Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
2 of 5

Or at the very least fix the RSS feed! I find those MUCH easier to use, and once a job is gone, I don't have to see it again. 

But, I'm not just here to pile on criticism, and may have a workaround for you Lauren. 

I use Chrome,. and when I see a job I like, I hold down Control before clicking the link. That way, the job I want to look at opens in a new tab. 

Not sure if it works in all browsers on all operating systems, but it's worth trying! 

Highlighted
Simon N Member Since: Nov 28, 2015
3 of 5

Thank you for the guidance.

Highlighted
Employee
Tam L Employee Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
4 of 5

@Lauren - well aware of this weirdness and completely agree that it's a frustrating flow. Christopher's tip is a good way around this for now. 

@Christopher - we have an RSS fix going out soon - tomorrow I hope. If you don't mind, could you elaborate more on what's 'broken'? Want to make sure all use cases are accounted for. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 5

While you are about it Tam, could you bring back the 'hide irrelevant jobs' feature - the little X that we used to have.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Nichola Smiley Wink

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS