🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » To end contract
Page options
roselle_dago-oc
Community Member

To end contract

Hello everyone, I need an advice. I have accepted a job for a trial of $15. Now I want to stop it and decided to not continue as I find it hard to complete as most of the items she wants are impossible to find. As a Top Rated freelancer, what should I do to not make this job marked on my profile and no effect with my JSS? Thanks in advance!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sjbercot
Community Member

You can end the job as professionally as possible, and 1) refund her money (which has JSS consequences, but she will not be able to leave a review) OR 2) you can keep the money you think you earned (leaving her able to leave a review) and use your Top-rated perk to remove it if the review unreasonable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sjbercot
Community Member

You can end the job as professionally as possible, and 1) refund her money (which has JSS consequences, but she will not be able to leave a review) OR 2) you can keep the money you think you earned (leaving her able to leave a review) and use your Top-rated perk to remove it if the review unreasonable.

It is a fixed-priced contract, and there has no payment accepted yet.
JoanneP

Hi Roselle Rose,

I checked the contract you were referring to and it looks like you did not use the submit work and get paid button. If you end a contract before receiving the final payment, this will automatically refund the funds back to the client. In general, when a contract fails to lead to any earnings your JSS will be negatively impacted. For more information, please check out this help article. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Roselle Rose D wrote:
Hello everyone, I need an advice. I have accepted a job for a trial of $15. Now I want to stop it and decided to not continue as I find it hard to complete as most of the items she wants are impossible to find. As a Top Rated freelancer, what should I do to not make this job marked on my profile and no effect with my JSS? Thanks in advance!

With the number of jobs you have, the impact should be very little, certainly not enough to kick you below 90. If you communicate professionally and do what you can, you might not even get bad feedback at all. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths