cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the Product team & Engineering team: The hourly range in Advanced search excludes freelancers

natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
1 of 3
There has been an issue lately with the hourly ranges in Advanced search, and I have been struggling for the last week to get an answer from the support in order to understand why so many freelancers' profiles won't show in the Advanced search. After several attempts, and several representatives trying to figure this out, I finally got an answer today from the Engineering team. According to the Engineering team, the hourly rate range $0-25/hr in the Advanced search doesn't really mean $0-25/hr; it actually means $0-24/hr (regardless if it says $0-25/hr). So freelancers with $25/hr are excluded and not shown when clients search for freelancers within this rate range. Instead, these freelancers ($25/hr) fall under the higher range $0-30/hr. In other words, when clients search for freelancers within the $0-25/hr range, they only see freelancers with rates up to $24/hr, not $25/hr. Since when does 25 mean 24 or 26? Why do you have rate ranges that say one thing but mean something else? You are misleading people with the hourly rate ranges in Advanced search. This was never an issue before, so why now? Did you do the same thing with other hourly ranges too? Does this mean that freelancers with hourly rates such as $5/hr, $10/hr, $30/hr, $35/hr, $40/hr, etc, are also excluded from their resp. hourly ranges? Clients should be able to find freelancers under the right hourly ranges, not guess their way to them. Can you fix this please?
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
2 of 3
This is just one more example of the horrible programming on this site. They could easily have coded it to be equal to or less than $25. But they have no QA in place to catch these idiotic coding errors.
natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
3 of 3
Totally agree with you Margaret! The support escalated this issue twice to the Engineering team, and today I found out that "it is designed on the system that $25 is on the range of $0-$30 and hopefully it will be updated soon." I don't get oDesk logic... I really don't. I was so surprised last week when I did an advanced search and noticed that so many freelancers, including me, were missing from the search list. I didn't understand why but when the Engineering team told me that my profile is found under the range of $0-30, I thought they misunderstood me. But apparently not. As if everything else is not enough, now clients can't find freelancers within the hourly range? I wonder what's next?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS