cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's New Bug Is...

Highlighted
Tony A Member Since: Apr 19, 2016
11 of 37

I'm also getting the error message about not being able to access rooms and I am unable to message clients and send work attachments. A client and I both had issues today trying to set up a contract between us. Hopefully it will all be sorted soon. Thankfully my work doesnt have a tight deadline of today

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 37

Aren't we supposed to get some sort of notification?

I just signed on and see that an offer was made on a bid I left, but there's no message, nor did I get an email.

How are we supposed to know a client has left an offer? ESP?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
13 of 37

I get notified via email and the phone app.

Maybe check your settings and see that you've opted in for messages.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
14 of 37

Virginia, check your Settings > User Settings > Notification Settings. You may have set your notifications to only appear onsite. Just a thought. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 37

Thanks for the replies.

That's not it - all my settings are as they should be.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
16 of 37

Oh no! Virginia, are you commenting from a black hole? That might be the issue. But seriously, that's very strange. Problematic on several fronts. I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue, but I hope it's resolved soon. Have you reached out to CS? It really seems like a technical issue. 

Highlighted
Bhattarai Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
17 of 37

I am not able to message to my employer. It says request error can't open chat room. I am awarded the job but I can't message him

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Yuliya S Member Since: Mar 29, 2016
18 of 37

Exactly the same problem(

I sent request to Support and now waiting for answer.... So i am not alone with this problem.

Highlighted
Irshad Ahmad Q Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
19 of 37

Hi,

I have noticed the issues in Upwork messaging system several times. Today it is very critical, and I am unable to start a Contract because of the issue in messaging system.

Below are further details:

I have received an offer, but before accepting that offer, I need to disccus with Client. And I am unable to send messages to Client. 

From the offer page when I click on the link "View messages". It gives me an error as "Request error: Can't open room"

So please update  me regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Irshad Qureshi

Highlighted
Pankaj T Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
20 of 37

Hello Irshad Ahmad,
Messaging system of upwork is working now.

Regards,

Pankaj

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS