Highlighted
Irshad Ahmad Q Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
21 of 37

Ok, thansk for the updates..

Highlighted
Mariangela L Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
22 of 37

Hi,

I have received an offer and accepted, but I need to disccus some things with the client and I'm unable to send messages to him. 

From the "My Jobs page" when I click on the link "Send messages". It gives me an error as "Request error: Can't open room"

So please update  me regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mariangela Luna

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
23 of 37

Looks like my post was merged with another ... another bug that is.

Signe, I had the same thing happen with that same offer - "request error, can't open room".

What is this nightmare we go through seemingly every freaking day?  What is the point of opening ticket, after ticket, after ticket?

Highlighted
Dong L Member Since: Dec 21, 2015
24 of 37

I have some problem now.

I have a new client and I can not open message room to discuss with him.

Please have a look at this critical problem.

Thanks

Dong

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
25 of 37

Today I have been awarded few jobs and I never ever received any notification from Upwork through Email and also through Upwork messanger. 

While I go and check in Myproposals page, I have seen few jobs been awarded few hours back.

And in one of the jobs awarded, while I try to message the client, it shows "Request Error. Can't Open Room". 

I dont how to contact the client. 

Upwork sucks! Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
26 of 37

I have started wondering, that the true solution for all these bugs/service interruptions would be a reboot of the Upwork system. I'm not talking about server reboot, but stopping the site in its current state, making a total backup of all data (including importantly freelancer profiles and stats) and letting the engineering/programmer teams work on it for a few days, then welcoming back everyone with open arms to a fresh start.
Of course, this sounds like a big utopia, given the nature of jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
27 of 37

Much better solution is move back all of us to Elance. 

Spoiler
Man Tongue
Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
28 of 37

Or at least use the same platform Elance operated on - I don't know if Odesk was this bad, I only know how good (or at least less trouble-free) Elance was.

I wouldn't think it would take a rocket scientest to know that using some of what was used to make Elance work better could be adopted on this site - it would seem to be a no-brainer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
29 of 37

Still can't open the contract, still can't message the client, still haven't received any updates from Upwork Support. Big shock there, right? Something major is severely broken -- not just for me, it seems -- and the Upwork team doesn't know what's wrong or how to fix it. This is reaching comic levels. I mean...how can a platform be this bad

If the other platforms had the same volume of work as this one, I would have been gone a long time ago. I can't help but think it's only a matter of time before the clients catch on and move along. And when they do, I will be right there with them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
30 of 37

I tend to be pretty patient.  I really do.  

But the fact that messaging is down again is really problematic.  I need to hire writers ASAP and I just can't do it.  I'm at a standstill.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS