🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tones of Scam Job
Page options
enesozerr
Community Member

Tones of Scam Job

I see lots of scam jobs, how to block it?

7 REPLIES 7
tcgonzalez
Community Member

While I have not seen a way to block the type of job, something you can do is to report the job. In addition, I always block future invites if I was invited to the job post. Be sure to explain how the scam works and any other information you think would help UpWork. They depend on us members to let them know when a scammer is trying to abuse the site! 

spectralua
Community Member

No way.

This is Upwork job, not your.

You can flag each scam job you found. Then you will get tired of it and you will see that it is useless. Like anyone here who did it before.

lizy_bodi
Community Member

I do not think freelancers have an option to block job invites from scammers when they are reaching out for the first time, but once you confirm it's a scam, you can block future invites if you were invited.

matieu-walker
Community Member

They look like robot generated posts. Always the same, year after year 

2217463c
Community Member

One thing that I do is mark that I'm not interested in that specific job.  It's not a complete way to fix it but it does help. 

alijarrar
Community Member

Just block the scam jobs and as Upwork algorithm shows you jobs according to your interest. Fewer scam jobs will be visible to you.

67179a28
Community Member

You can also try to only work with clients whose payment method has been verified. It has limited my exposure to scammers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members