🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Too Many Scams!
Page options
max_yuldasheff
Community Member

Too Many Scams!

Hello there!

Recently, scams have become too many so I am feeling too many distractions! All-day long, they send invitations several times. Also, when I am searching for projects, the list of jobs is full of scams. What is going on in Upwork?! It is really making me embarrassed! Now I hardly believe that the project I liked is a real project, not a scam! When I started my career here it Upwork 3 years ago, it was the place where I felt my self safe and I trusted all jobs posted in Upwork. But now, unfortunately, it is not so! 

New freelancers can easily trust them and be victims of scams. Then they feel that Upwork is not trustable at all. It in turn can affect the reputation of Upwork.

Upwork, please, take serious actions to clean scams from your marketplace. They have become too many these days.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
pgiambalvo
Community Member

They know and someone might respond to and say that they know and that people are working on it but the posts are still here.

Agree! 

Scam posts include a phone number. It can be detected easily with AI that a post is a scam.  But Upwork is not managing to do it.

No, the fact that so many scam posts that contain contact information in them appear in our feeds is proof that they are not being filtered for that when they are submitted by the scammers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members