cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many changes! Too many bugs!! I hate it!

Community Leader
Mahmudur R Member Since: Jan 14, 2014
1 of 7

Hello, Can anyone say what’s going on actually? I can't take these changes because it almost ended my career even though I am added a 'top rated' badge, got a number that says 92% job success (it was 95% few days) but now its nothing but a BIG FUN! Why?? Please read the points given below:

- I was having several job interviews each day before these changes! Now neither a single interview nor even a response from the jobs I applied!

- I never had to wait to get response from support team when it was a critical issue. Yes now it is almost 1 month I submitted a ticket asking for a problem that’s related with refund. Let me clear more,

After more than a year, suddenly one of the clients ended a job without paying, by leaving a low feedback because I wanted to request that old woman to stop killing freelancers! She took my 100+ hours for the $60 (by stepping back from own instructions again and again) because she is a "i don't like to use bad word"! So my ratting dropped from 5 to 4.98 only because of her revenge! So I wanted to kick that money to her account but not finding any option even to fill that good hope!!! That was the issue to submit my ticket but unfortunately it seems, odesk appointed such kind of kids to support us that even I can support better than them most of the time, I believe!

- This is very illogical how the freelancers now have been suffering from a cancellation of job so badly! See couple of examples:

(i) A client hired me hourly to fix some issues of her website! Who could guess that she would be such illiterate! After settled everything, when I asked for link and password to sign in admin panel of her site, she just dropped from the Mount Everest and said, she does not have anything to provide me because she is very new with this stuff! However, then she ended the contract before I start and I had to get my ratting dropped again for no reason!!! UTTAR JOKE, not so?

(ii) Another client hired me in a fixed term and after couple of reviews I understood that he had no idea about what actually he been looking for! So I asked him to end the contract though I had to spend some hours and I lost my ratting as well (4.98 to 4.97)! Couple of times in a week where I can’t remember the time I got lower than a 5 start last! My question is why the freelancers must be the victim in SO MANY ways, no matter how good his work history is???

- Last months, I was finding ‘good fit’ badge on 60 to 70% job post on my wall where now I am not finding even 10% job that says I am ‘Good Fit”? BTW I rearranged my category, skills, keyword etc but still as usual! CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO??

Kind regards

Mahmud

Mahmud
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 7

Mahmud

I have the similiar situation I have faced same issues as the system get changed still dont undestand if its good for freelancer really dont like to repeat the story hope someone in community explain it well but there are many threads about this situation no one can give the exact explaination.

These are the issues which brings me here on forum its been more than 2 year i never have any issue to talk about.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 7

On the Good Fit oDesk decided to remove it as it was not working the way it should have been.

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Announcements/Update-on-Good-Fit-badges/m-p/71923#M5382

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
4 of 7

Not once did I see it but I am glad it's gone.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 7

@Natasa R wrote:

Not once did I see it but I am glad it's gone.

I saw it and think there was only one job I  would have applied to that had the Good Fit on it, but the rest weren't even fitting for what I do. I have certain things i look for and they sure weren't it lol 

Ace Contributor
Shahzad Y Member Since: Mar 29, 2015
6 of 7

I understand your frustration. Ideas Unlimited has been one of the top ranked employer for many years but recently we have seen two things:

1) Poor level of tier-1 customer support.

2) A lot of bugs in the system.

I hope Odesk works to resolve these issues as soon as possible since we really like this platform.

Thanks

SY - Ideas Unlimited
Cindy H Member Since: Mar 24, 2016
7 of 7

I have been very succesful on Elance and have been obtaining some good clients and in return "Elance" has been making a nice commission on the projects that I have worked on via that site, not to mention the $20 membership fees for their services and me being a paid member.  I hated to take the time to learn the new sight and cancelled my membership and now have a free membership and have been marketing my services myself and have been keeping guite busy until recently.  I have learned how to use this new Upwork site and have recently been placing bids on projects, but have had no luck.

This new thing sucks BIG TIME!  I am actually being invited to submit a proposal for projects that have a $1 budget!!!!!!  Yes $1, I kid you not.  Not to mention the fact that all of the projects listed have a budget of around 1-10 dollars.  What the heck happened???  This never happened on Elance.

I have been a member of Elance since January of 2011 and now I rarely find any projects that is worth bidding on.

I will never pay for a membersip on this site and wii never spend any money on connects to bid on projects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS