🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Too many chat rooms under a single person...
Page options
sdrum
Community Member

Too many chat rooms under a single person's name

When trying to go over a message from a client I sometimes have to go through 4-5 separate message rooms of the same client. Obviously that makes the process very time-consuming. After going through all my communications in one message room I have to start all over again until I find what I am looking for. Phone chats simply have all the conversations under one person's name and if you scroll back you can easily find what you are looking for. On most email client programs you can find all your conversations with a single person under a folder or when searching, all emails under that name. Is it possible to do something similar in Upwork message rooms? 

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Sergio,

If the client created separate contracts for all the projects that he hired you to do, it will create separate message rooms and each room is labeled with the contract title. Could you please share the contract ID or the name of the client you are referring to so that I can check it for you? You can send it to me via PM by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

This is a problem many of us have complained about. If we have repeat clients, the multiple message rooms are confusing and annoying, for both parties. Messages for one project get asked in the wrong room and things fall through the cracks. It's a mess.

We have asked for a simple function - to be able to archive contracts that are over and done with (as well as those stupid interviews that never went anywhere). Just get them out of the way completely. Hiding the rooms doesn't work, they just pop up and open again.

Why is this so hard to implement - archiving is available for other functions. This is where it's needed most.

ETA: I may have misunderstood what Sergio was asking for, though it still remains ... the message rooms are not user friendly.

sdrum
Community Member

I had a chat with someone from Upwork and he did explain to me the situation with multiple contracts. I see the multiple chat rooms system  time-consuming for the user, since as I had mentioned before, phone text messaging and email software systems are more efficient because they let the user do the sorting after searching for a person's name.  I just wanted to let my request known to the probably very busy folks who oversee and design the chat rooms.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members