Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many "clients luring us out of Upwork

charlotte_17th
Ace Contributor
Carla M Member Since: May 5, 2017
1 of 3

Hi,I have been on a brief hiatus from Upwork after moving to a new house but I'm back now and eager to start working again. The problem is,I noticed that I get shortlisted by clients only to get invited to Skype and offered to accept payments through Paypal,Skrill, Payoneer, even Western Union. This happened twice in a row and I'm pretty sure not gonna be the last.

It is frustrating wasting connects like that. I don't wanna be banned here and I wanna follow the regulations so I flagged them and took a  screenshot of the conversation hoping that someone would get back to me.I mean they are literally all over, accounts made on the same day thejob was posted with lots of proposals and no hires. I have met a good client in the past who was new on Upwork so I do not discriminate against these kind of clients. But I guess I should start now? Is anything being done to regulate them? 

Anyone care to share tips on how to avoid these kind of clients and not waste time? Thanks!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Carla,

I'm sorry about the bad experience you had with these two clients. Can you please pm me the screenshots and their job post links, so we can review and take action?

Please review these tips for recognizing questionable jobs, which will help you work safely on Upwork and avoid scam jobs.

Untitled
charlotte_17th
Ace Contributor
Carla M Member Since: May 5, 2017
3 of 3

Hi Vladimir,

I've sent you a DM. Thanks. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS