🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Too much competition or no responses
Page options
nettiegurl16
Community Member

Too much competition or no responses

IMO has gone ridiculous. I'm equally qaulified as a good 85% of the other data, admins, and audio providers on the platform. Yet, not a single legible response or job offer since joining in May 2022. 

UP is just oversaturated since the Covid. I've read some competitor profiles. A few that are threadbare, just listing work samples. Yet somehow list 200+ finished jobs. When my profile is equally state. Yet no work offers. And unanswered proposals that I am well-qualified. SMH. 

What is a freelancer like me doing wrong?  Hmmm. Others have asked this same question.  And please don't insult me with 'Write winning proposals' workshops, as I've seen them all. And the cover letter shouldn't be some taxing four-column thing, they're not going to read anyway.  

Sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I put high faith into Upwork since rejoining over 2022. And it's candidaly been a waste of time, with 10+ years experience. 

6 REPLIES 6
allpurposewriter
Community Member

I'm curious about the freelancers with 200 finished jobs who only have a list of work samples on their profile. Have you thought of immitating them? You have to go with what works, right?

Over the years, I've convniced myself that I've perfected proposal writing ... but I have no proof that my proposals are what is doing the trick. I'll say that one of the more persuasive aspects of proposal writing is to get to the point where you can write one in under 45 seconds. That might be a touch of an exageration, but if you only get one response out of 50 proposals, writing them quickly isn't such a bad idea.

Anthony,

So flexible thinking 🙂 I am with you.

tlsanders
Community Member

Being equally qualified is not sufficient when a client is getting 20 or 50 or 175 proposals.

The whole time I have been on Upwork I have made it a practice never to send a proposal to a job unless I absolutely knew that I would be one of the 2 or 3 best qualified people in the mix.

nettiegurl16
Community Member

I have made it a practice never to send a proposal

If you don't mind briefing me, Tiffany... How exactly do you apply to jobs then?  I don't have a premium membership. And won't pay for one, just to peek at what the competition is offering.  So how then do you just presume you are one of the top best 2 or 3 most qualified? 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Leanette,

I attempted to view your Profile to see if I could give some constructive ideas, however your Profile is set to Private and can't be viewed. Thanks!

nettiegurl16
Community Member

I did not know that (private)  heres the link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019de8e2488e8d712c

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members