cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Freelancer with 100 % success score bidding without any response

Highlighted
Damjan C Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
1 of 15

I don't know what happened to Upwork, but I'm thinking about switching to another freelancing site. I'm a top freelancer with 100 percent success score, 30k earned and 1700+ hours done, but literally no one is responding to my bids anymore. I'm ranked very high (when you put the filters on highest, I'm the first on the list) in the results and I'm doing my best to present my skills like I always did and had good results, but now there are none. I have a feeling that I'm throwing away Connects, and they are not free anymore...  

Md Shahinur R Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
2 of 15
I have also this problem.
Highlighted
Valentine C Member Since: Dec 6, 2018
3 of 15

Hi, Damjan.
I had the same stange sutuation 100% JSS, good reviews and no any new projects since June. I want to say you - don't worry. Very soon your JSS will start to go down. I had 100% last week, now I have 91% only. Why? I don't know - I said before I hadn't any new projects since June, didn't close any projects, didn't get any chance to get bad review from custmers. But JSS changes!
As I saw on one of the topic here, Upwork don't have enought money to comply with their obligations.
Also, try to google "Microsoft buying Upwork". In face of these ideas Upwork needs to have a better finational situation, becouse it will increase its cost. So now Upwork tryies to find money in any sources. Payment for contacs is one of these source!
Do you understand? They need you to pay more and more, in hope to win a project.

Highlighted
4 of 15

I still have one client trough Upwork, and we are working together for years now, so I think that is why my JSS don't drop, we are paying a lot of money for the fee, and I think most of the clients just put the job on and hire people outside of Upwork and we all know that is illegal. Why there is no sistem for punishing clients, and why the site is not helping it's freelancers? We're the ones who is making money for you!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chris P Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
5 of 15

This issue is being reported by more and more top rated freelancers over the last two months or longer.

Perhaps it's time for a moderator to step in and finally offer some insight?

Highlighted
Valentine C Member Since: Dec 6, 2018
6 of 15

They don't think so.
Their strategy is "100 dissatisfied freelancers will leave - thousand new will come and start pay" Look arround on the forum - a lot of top level freelancers have same problem now.
What do Upwork do to help them? Remove free connects!
By the way. This night, I've opened a topic with question about my JSS's evolution. They deleted it!
I opened it again - they deleted again!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 15

Valentine C wrote:

By the way. This night, I've opened a topic with question about my JSS's evolution. They deleted it!

They did not delete it, they moved it into the JSS thread, all your posts are still alive

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 15

Valentine C wrote:

They don't think so.
Their strategy is "100 dissatisfied freelancers will leave - thousand new will come and start pay" Look arround on the forum - a lot of top level freelancers have same problem now.
What do Upwork do to help them? Remove free connects!

If they thought thousands new would come, they would have come up with another system, because one of Upwork's biggest problems is having far, far too many freelancers sending far, far too many proposals. 

It's been reported (I can't remember where, but I've seen it more than once) that they are currently rejecting 98% of new freelancers.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
9 of 15

Valentine C wrote:

I had the same stange sutuation 100% JSS, good reviews and no any new projects since June. I want to say you - don't worry. Very soon your JSS will start to go down. I had 100% last week, now I have 91% only. Why? I don't know - I said before I hadn't any new projects since June, didn't close any projects, didn't get any chance to get bad review from custmers. But JSS changes

JSS is calculated over rolling 6, 12 or 24 month periods, whichever is best. If your JSS is dropping without you closing contracts, it will likely mean that good feedbacks are dropping out of the calculation.
Highlighted
10 of 15

Most of the jobs stays on Upwork without hiring anyone, so freelancers don't get back the Connects, or just the response from the client that they will not be hired, and it's really frustrating. Upwork need to find the way to notify freelancers about the status of the job they are bidding on, and they are hiding all the stats. Now, you need to pay to see it, and that is really not good. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS