🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top Freelancer
Page options
medhedy
Community Member

Top Freelancer

Hello there 

A month ago I was on the top freelancers list for mechanical engineering and product design. Right after joining an agency, I disappeared from the list.

Anyone here had similar issue or has an an idea about the reason? by the way I m not an exlusive member in the agency (Admin).

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed Hedi B wrote:

A month ago I was on the top freelancers list for mechanical engineering and product design. Right after joining an agency, I disappeared from the list.

That list, just like general search results, is regularly rotated. With tens or even hundreds of thousands of freelancers in some categories, it makes no sense to have the same people at the top for any length of time.

I am not sure if agency freelancers are excluded from that list by default (you could go through them and see if there are any agency ones), but I can tell you that many clients exclude them from their searches.

medhedy
Community Member

Thanks for your replay!! Looks like no one on that list is a part of an agency, the same for different fields.

About what you said, I have been checking that list for long time and it almost the same profiles,  I was moving around the top 3 profiles from 27 profile. And I was wodering how this thing works.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

Freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Yeah That sounds fair, but I m not talking about the search results. I m talking about the top freelancers page, that show the most relevant freelancers. 

https://www.upwork.com/hire/

Thanks for your help

Hi Mohamed Hedi,

Thanks for following up. I'd like to confirm that freelancer profiles featured on that page are updated occasionally so it may not show the same set of profiles. That said, I've shared your findings about agency freelancers not showing with the team and they are going to check on that.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria

Thank you for your help. yeah I see that the list is updated occasionally. I have been checking the page for several weeks and almost the same profiles everytime including me. For some reason it looks like about being an agency member or availability...

Thank you  again Valeria, I appreciate your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths