🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated, 100% job success, good work histor...
Page options
marwanz
Community Member

Top Rated, 100% job success, good work history and paid member and yet no invitations

Hi All,

First, a brief history:

In the past 8 years I have used Upwork to work with clients on long term projects. During that period, I had my availability setup to "As Needed/ Open to offers". With his setup I used to receive between 1-2 invitations per month. I have refused most of the offers because either they do not match my skills or I'm not interested in the work described. I accepted only 2 invitations one from the client directly and one from the community manager. Both projects were long term (1-2 years).

Now I'm available full time so I changed my availability to "30+ hours/week". It has been 2 months and I have received no invitations and even the interview rate with the submitted proposals is very low (around 10%) and profile views is very low too (3 to 8 views per week). I tried to tweak my profile settings, change hourly rate (no less than $40) but still nothing.

I want to ask for help from Upwork team to know what I'm doing wrong. I'm thinking maybe because most of my projects are long term this affected my ranking somehow.

Any guidance or tips would be very appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Why do you hide your earnings? It looks "shifty" to clients and as if you have something to hide.

marwanz
Community Member

According to Upwork help docs the earnings will appear to the clients I send proposals to.

This will hide them from the general public and the marketplace, but not from your proposals. Once you submit a proposal or accept an invitation, that potential client will see your past contracts' rates and totals.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063168?flash_digest=0640dd4b64bcfa0b7148040ae0b6b1f4...

petra_r
Community Member

@Marwan A wrote:

According to Upwork help docs the earnings will appear to the clients I send proposals to.

Yes, but wouldn't you like to be invited from time to time?

Upwork has become incredibly competitive. Every little helps.

Maybe your proposals don't grab the clients' attention (in the very first line, or your proposal won't even get opened...)

marwanz
Community Member

Maybe.

I'm going to review my old accepted proposals to try find a pattern. I'll read more about writing good proposals.

Also, I'll try to show my earnings next week and see if it helps.

Thanks Petra

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths