🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top Rated Awards? (Similar to YouTube)
Page options
johnbaez
Community Member

Top Rated Awards?

I have been a top rated plus freelancer for quite a long time already. I believe Upwork could consider delivering awards to freelancers maintaing top rated status for a specific amount of time. It can be done also taking in account the earnings in the same way.

19 REPLIES 19
allergywriter
Community Member

Here you go. All you need to do is ask!

If anyone else wants one, all they need to do it print it

**Edited for community guidelines**

@CheryIK 

I appreciate your attempt to be social and funny but I find it disrespectful your use of my name.  This is a community of professionals.  And the idea I mentioned is a suggestion that goes well with digital entrepreneurs and our hard work.

@John B take a moment, climb down off your high horse and breathe.

I was the only one here that took your suggestion seriously enough to take the time out of my top-rated freelancer work day and make you a personalized certificate.

You should appreciate the effort and maybe give me an award too,

tlsanders
Community Member

That's probably not viable because there are tens of thousands of top-rated freelancers at any given time.

I understand there are a lot. But not many can keep their top rated status for long enough.

mtngigi
Community Member

John B wrote:

I understand there are a lot. But not many can keep their top rated status for long enough.

John,

I think you might be underestimating the number of long-term, top-rated freelancers on Upwork. I believe many do keep their TR status for years, especially if Elance is included in the mix.  And "long enough" could be considered subjective.

ETA: For me, it's reward enough when I get paid for a job well done. I don't need (or want) a physical award ... being TR for a long time for the most part means that someone is, and stays, motivated.

johnbaez
Community Member

Ok. Well, I might be underestimating the number of top freelancers, you are right. But my numbers are just examples. Upwork knows better their data and  can decide what's within the possibilities. Perhaps the amount made by the freelancer on the platform might be the stats to look at, since this also means Upwork is making enough money to cover up this type of extra expenses. After all, this is all motivational so that the platform can keep growing revenue as well.

Thanks for your reply.

petra_r
Community Member

The majority of longer term freelancers with the relevant earnings are top rated. It is no big deal.

johnbaez
Community Member

I respect your way of looking at it. At the same time you brought in a great point. If you are a top rated it means you have found motivation on your own, which obviously means this is a key difference between TR freelancers and others.  If Upwork finds more ways (other than  the money we make) to encourage achieving specific goals, it would mean the platform would become even more competitive, and the top rated badge would have greater meaning.

But... I will let them do their job. Meanwhile, it's a pleasure to be around. And I wish you all continuous success.

John B wrote:

....If Upwork finds more ways (other than  the money we make) to encourage achieving specific goals, it would mean the platform would become even more competitive, and the top rated badge would have greater meaning.

Personally, I find Upwork's various congratulatory emails, criteria for "success," and the like more of an annoyance than anything. I'll do whatever I can to maintain whatever Upwork mechanism or device seems necessary as a competitive advantage. I would be happier if all I needed to do that was do my work, and do it well.

It is something of a relief to see Upwork's recent focus on professional price maintenance and individual freelancer profitability. Of course, at any given time Upwork's professed focus is likely to be contradicted by other professed foci, or by their actual practices.

In the era of technology you should not worry about numbers. The system can identify and provide all of them certificates which they can display on their linkedin or social media profile that they have achieved a significant milestone in their career as a freelancer. 

lysis10
Community Member

Someone get this guy a gold sticker and put it on his monitor.

yitwail
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Someone get this guy a gold sticker and put it on his monitor.

All I have is a blue seal. Cat Sad

happy.png

Careful John, my carefully crafted personalized certificate was "edited for commuity guidelines" or some such crap

johnbaez
Community Member

Keep up the great work.

elitegra
Community Member

Hey John,

Do you know Carlitos, Fernando.... Camebelen? I don´t think ever met, but we are from the same neighborhood, I know your sister too 🙂

These guys are kind of rude here, but they are nice, looks like you do not enter often to the forum, relax LOL. Let me know when you come to DR. 

Wilson

Hey Wilson! Yes, Carlos told me about you. Hehe! Yes, I was a bit confused about the types of reactions I was getting here. Didn't expect this to work as a facebook meme group. Would be happy to meet when I am around there!

Great. You are doing good, just keep up the good work. 

I am not the only one who found that this forum way too serious..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths