Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Awards? (Similar to YouTube)

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
11 of 18

John B wrote:

....If Upwork finds more ways (other than  the money we make) to encourage achieving specific goals, it would mean the platform would become even more competitive, and the top rated badge would have greater meaning.

Personally, I find Upwork's various congratulatory emails, criteria for "success," and the like more of an annoyance than anything. I'll do whatever I can to maintain whatever Upwork mechanism or device seems necessary as a competitive advantage. I would be happier if all I needed to do that was do my work, and do it well.

It is something of a relief to see Upwork's recent focus on professional price maintenance and individual freelancer profitability. Of course, at any given time Upwork's professed focus is likely to be contradicted by other professed foci, or by their actual practices.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 18

Someone get this guy a gold sticker and put it on his monitor.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
13 of 18

Jennifer M wrote:

Someone get this guy a gold sticker and put it on his monitor.

All I have is a blue seal. Cat Sad

happy.png

Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
14 of 18

Careful John, my carefully crafted personalized certificate was "edited for commuity guidelines" or some such crap

johnbaez
John B Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
15 of 18

The day Upwork implements a similar system with perhaps bigger rewards than just a plaque you might be thanking me instead of playing the smart and sophisticated! Keep up the great work.

elitegra
Community Leader
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
16 of 18

Hey John,

Do you know Carlitos, Fernando.... Camebelen? I don´t think ever met, but we are from the same neighborhood, I know your sister too :-)

These guys are kind of rude here, but they are nice, looks like you do not enter often to the forum, relax LOL. Let me know when you come to DR. 

Wilson

johnbaez
John B Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
17 of 18

Hey Wilson! Yes, Carlos told me about you. Hehe! Yes, I was a bit confused about the types of reactions I was getting here. Didn't expect this to work as a facebook meme group. Would be happy to meet when I am around there!

elitegra
Community Leader
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
18 of 18

Great. You are doing good, just keep up the good work. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS