cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Badge - Does Elance Reputation Help?

blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
Probuddha N Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
1 of 10

Hello

I have just moved my profile from Elance to Upwork.

I was checking the criteria for the Upwork Top Rated program and believe I meet each of those criteria, if my previous Elance history, ratings and earnings are taken into account.

Could anyone please tell me if my previous Elance stats would help me earn the Top Rated badge at Upwork and if yes, how long would it take for the badge to appear on my upwork profile?

Thanks

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 10

Hi Probuddha,

You should qualify, unless there was any issue with a policy violation.

Go to https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/ and check that it says "0" against "Recent Account Holds"

If that's clear (says 0) and if you only came over very recently, give it a little more time. If it's been more than a couple of weeks you may want to contact support to check what's going on.

einatcooper
Einat C Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
3 of 10

Dear Probuddha,

If you were a top rated freelancer on Elance, you will receive an email from Upwork congratulating you on that. If you haven't that means that you didn't reach 90% success rate under their criteria.

However - this goes VERY fast! I was Top Rated (which is how I know this :-)) when I migrated from Elance in mid July, and 6 weeks later, I haven't been able to get a SINGLE job on Upwork, and instead of helping, they lowered my rate to 83%, which will probably hinder me from getting work anyway.

I really hope the information helps, though I can't give you advice, as I am not optimistic about the shift from Elance to Upwork, I'm afraid... The competition is great between the freelancers, and it seems that most clients are really low paying and cheap...

I wish you the best of luck! We're all gonna need it...

Einat

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
4 of 10

@Einat C wrote:

If you were a top rated freelancer on Elance, you will receive an email from Upwork congratulating you on that. 

Dear Elnat,

Huh?

There's no Top Rated status on Elance. The criteria for Top Rated status on Upwork are specific and public, and hardly any of them correspond to Elance metrics.. Upwork's version of profile completeness, for example, is quite different from what that term meant on Elance. So no, there's no direct translation of one's top-ratedness, with or without capitals, from Elance to Upwork.

It is true that success on Elance is likely to be correctly credited to one's Job Sucess score on Upwork.

Best,

Michael

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 10

Hi Probuddha,

Here is a help article that contains information about all the requirements for the Top Rated program. If you meet all the requirements you should be receiving the email shortly. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
6 of 10

Thank you very much for your answers.

My stats page show the following:-

Job Success - 99%

12 Month Earnings - Above $1000

Feedback Score (last 12 months) - 4.99

Client Recommendation - 95%

Recent Account Holds - 0

Based on the above, I believe I qualify for the Top Rated badge. So I guess, it's just a matter of time before I get my badge.

I will wait for a week and if still doesn't show up, I will check with support.

Thanks again!

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 10

You have to wait until the next JS update, which I think is next week? Not sure. But basically, it will kick in at the next update. It's on a Sunday but I never know which Sunday!

blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
8 of 10

Thanks everyone.

I will wait for Upwork to push the next JS update and hopefully I would be getting my Top Rated badge soon

terisawers
Teri S Member Since: Sep 6, 2015
9 of 10

Hello

Yes, your Elance background and track record of work / reviews do count. As I believe do repeat projects and other such profile and work history states.

I've freelanced via Elance for many years so am a long-termer and contractor with a portfolio of work and client projects that has steadily grown over the years.  I've just followed the 'invite' instructions to move across here to Upwork, received only this last week.  After a few days of adjustments I've now updated my new profile here.

Three days ago I received a notification that I'd received this badge, which had already been posted up on my new profile.  I didn't know about these but thank you and a good introduction to Upwork and notification that the two systems are meshing in on integrating our profile information.

So perhaps sit back and wait for a few days and you may similarly receive a notification.

Teri

cbsolz
Ace Contributor
Vadivelan R Member Since: Aug 28, 2015
10 of 10

Top rated badge won't help. Many top rated freelancer's proposal, get hidden along with non-top rated freelancer's proposals. The algorithm is so buggy, it choose few contractors as 'Recommended" and no one can explain how it decided those are the recommended.  You may read this issue in detail here

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS