🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suddenly my Top rated status disappeared ...
Page options
nikulin_ai
Community Member

Top Rated Badge disappeared from my profile.

Hi there! I've been top rated for more than 1 year and recently have noticed that my TR badge disappeared from the profile though I have JSS 100% and earnings more than $1000 for the past 12 months. Also, I received this banner about updating my profile (attached). What does that mean? 

37 REPLIES 37
yitwail
Community Member

Andrey, moderators will probably make an official comment on this, but my guess is it's because your profile doesn't include education, and with test scores no longer counting towards profile completemess, your profile is no longer 100% complete so you're no longer top rated.

John thank you for the quick answer!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrey,

As John suggested, please do raise your profile completeness to 100% in order to fulfill all the requirements for Top Rated status.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hodgesh
Community Member

According to the announcement, elimination of Upwork tests was supposed to not affect our profile completeness.

yitwail
Community Member

Heaven H wrote:

According to the announcement, elimination of Upwork tests was supposed to not affect our profile completeness.

I'm aware of that, but a moderator chose not to correct my supposition that the elimination of test scores might have affected profile completeness, make of that what you will. And when a freelancer receives a notice out of the blue that their profile is incomplete, even though no changes were made to it recently, then it's natural to draw the inference that the recently announced of elimination of test scores is involved to some extent.

John K wrote:

Andrey, moderators will probably make an official comment on this, but my guess is it's because your profile doesn't include education, and with test scores no longer counting towards profile completemess, your profile is no longer 100% complete so you're no longer top rated.

John: i think the statement says the skills test removeal wont affect the profile complition... i believe i read that. IDK

sam-sly
Community Member

Mateo R. S wrote:

John K wrote:

John: i think the statement says the skills test removeal wont affect the profile complition... i believe i read that. IDK

I think John was correct, the same thing happened to me. The thing the OP and I have in common is we were both top rated and we both suddenly lost our badges due to profile completion.  I tried making a few changes to my profile, but the only thing that improved the completion score was adding something to my education section. 

I opened a ticket and the advice was just a link to the help file on Top Rated status along with an inspiring story about one freelancer who earned Top Rated status. (Never mind that I've been Top Rated for years, so I didn't need the inspiring story, I just needed to know what had changed since yesterday!)  

arey58
Community Member

Samantha S wrote:

I opened a ticket and the advice was just a link to the help file on Top Rated status along with an inspiring story about one freelancer who earned Top Rated status. (Never mind that I've been Top Rated for years, so I didn't need the inspiring story, I just needed to know what had changed since yesterday!)  

Same here. Upwork, seriously? You promised that removing tests will not affect profile completeness, then we lose top rated status because it actually did affect profile completeness and now the support is totally unaware what's going on on the platform.

sam-sly
Community Member

The same thing happened to me today. I've been Top Rated for nearly three years. This morning I lost Top Rated status due to profile completion. Yesterday my profile was 100% complete, today 70% complete. This is because I didn't complete the education section, which is now apparently required. I am pretty sure this is why since adding something to the education section fixed the completion problem, though it didn't restore the badge. I guess I need to wait two weeks until the next update for that.

It would have been nice to have had a warning about the change in profile calculation. I saw the notification about the skills tests, but it said it wouldn't affect existing profile scores. 

Yup same thing with me too. Get a banner across screen saying 'You're almost top rated' after being top rated for almost 2 years. 

A little warning would have been great with steps on what you need to do to not lose your badge. 

How do you even see what percentage your profile is at? I have something entered in Education and the tests are still showing...

Monique L wrote:

How do you even see what percentage your profile is at?

It's the last item on the My Stats page.

Ah thanks found it.

It says 100% but still don't have my top rated badge?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monique, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. The team is aware of this, and you should receive your Top Rated badge within 48-hours. If this doesn't happen automatically, please let us know by posting on this thread, and we'll assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
moniquenz
Community Member

Thanks so much!

sam-sly
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Monique, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. The team is aware of this, and you should receive your Top Rated badge within 48-hours. If this doesn't happen automatically, please let us know by posting on this thread, and we'll assist you further. 

Is this a bug or a change in profile requirements?  The same happened to me today.

In the process of trying to make my profile complete, I tried to update my portfolio and also discovered that I can't add an item without associating it with a specialized profile.  

amat
Community Member

I've got the same problem. All TR conditions are met.
It looks like a mass bug.

I have got the same issue.  Yesterday removed my Top Rated status and I got a pop up regarding same.  My profile satisfied all the Top Rated staus. Kindly do the needful to get the Top Rated status again. 

Thanks.

Shrinivas. P 

Hi everyone, 

As I have noted on my reply above to Monique's question, please know that this is a known issue. Your Top Rated badges should reflect on your account within 48-hours. If it doesn't happen automatically, please reach out to us through this thread so that we can investigate further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello dear Upworkers,

I have a very unpleasant experience with Upwork. I have been a top-rated translator for over 3 years now, but suddenly, my top-rated badge was removed yesterday.

I tried to contact support, but they told me it would be back in 24 hours after I updated my education information on my profile (I did not know it matters that much), however, it did not.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d9add5d0a9de1f4f

Kindly help me about this problem.

Same here. The system-wide issue?

I do not know. Recently Upwork has become frustrating. If it is a system wide problem, so why other fellow co-workers still have their top rated badge. It does not make any sense. I hope an Upwork team member could help us with this problem.

"but they told me it would be back in 24 hours after I updated my education information on my profile"

Maybe do that then, or go find a job on **Edited for Community Guidelines**?

Just saying.

Why are you wasting our time with irrelevant posts?

I think it is not of your business to tell me what to do and what not to do. If you could read, I said 24 hours passed and the problem is still there. If you could also read, you could see that another Upworker is facing the same problem. If you do not face the same problem, it does not give you the right to talk to me like that. Please have some respect.

Hi All,

Once again I would like to apologize about the incovience this had caused you and confirm, that our engineering team is working on resolving this problem as soon as possible.

Your Top Rated badges should reflect on your accounts within 48-hours. If it doesn't happen automatically, please reach out to us through this thread so that we can investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for fixing it, my badge came back.

bosesumon
Community Member

Hey! All

I logged in today and I got this pop up that says "You are a profile update away from being Top rated" - My profile was top rated till yesterday, My profile shows 100 percent now but I still dont have the badge, anybody else having the same issue beside me ?

Thank you for all your replies in advance 🙂

Regards,

Sumon

Hi Sumon,

I`m sorry about the incovience this had caused you. I would like to confirm that we had a known problem about this. If your Top Rated badge is not awarded back on your profile in the next 48 hours let us know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your reply, I will 🙂 I got a new pop up saying, welcome to the top rated program but I guess the badge will take time to come back.

Hi Sumon, you have to add information about your education, and TR badge
should be received back within 48 hrs

Hey! Andrey, Thanks for your reply, I will add the edcation info and then lets see 🙂 Thanks anyways

Hi

Today I've received this message:

You’re a profile update away from the Top Rated program – a program for freelancers who have achieved an impressive reputation on Upwork.
Update your profile to 100% for these perks:
  • A Top Rated badge on your profile
  • Ability to periodically remove job feedback
  • Priority phone, chat, and email support
  • Access to the private Top Rated forum and online office hours
  • Job Digest emails and customized profile tips
  • Opportunities to attend or host local events in select cities
  • Eligibility to apply to our Premium Freelancer Program (only for select skills)

Update your Profile

What I need to do to become top rated? I didn't understand, what do I need to update?

My jss is 100% and Top Rated eligible weeks

13 of 16

Please let me know, 
Thanks!

Check to make sure your profile is 100% complete. You can check this at the bottom of on your "My Stats" page. 

dipray55
Community Member

Yesterday it was there, but today it disappeared! Everything seems good, I have 100% JSS , Top rated eligible weeks 16 of 16. Also, the last update was on  23 Jun and yesterday it was ok. So, what happened today?

My Stats screenshot

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Member

Do look at the existing recent thread before posting a new one.
This thread is a recent one and explain a current issue might involve:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Top-Rated-Badge-disappeared-from-my-profile/td-p/613808

Community Member

Try adding educational info in your profile and see how it goes.

dipray55
Community Member

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths