cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Badge disappeared from my profile.

Andrey N Member Since: Sep 29, 2017
1 of 38

Hi there! I've been top rated for more than 1 year and recently have noticed that my TR badge disappeared from the profile though I have JSS 100% and earnings more than $1000 for the past 12 months. Also, I received this banner about updating my profile (attached). What does that mean? 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 38

Andrey, moderators will probably make an official comment on this, but my guess is it's because your profile doesn't include education, and with test scores no longer counting towards profile completemess, your profile is no longer 100% complete so you're no longer top rated.

3 of 38

John thank you for the quick answer!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 38

Hi Andrey,

As John suggested, please do raise your profile completeness to 100% in order to fulfill all the requirements for Top Rated status.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Heaven H Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
5 of 38

According to the announcement, elimination of Upwork tests was supposed to not affect our profile completeness.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 38
Heaven H wrote:

According to the announcement, elimination of Upwork tests was supposed to not affect our profile completeness.

I'm aware of that, but a moderator chose not to correct my supposition that the elimination of test scores might have affected profile completeness, make of that what you will. And when a freelancer receives a notice out of the blue that their profile is incomplete, even though no changes were made to it recently, then it's natural to draw the inference that the recently announced of elimination of test scores is involved to some extent.
7 of 38

John K wrote:

Andrey, moderators will probably make an official comment on this, but my guess is it's because your profile doesn't include education, and with test scores no longer counting towards profile completemess, your profile is no longer 100% complete so you're no longer top rated.

John: i think the statement says the skills test removeal wont affect the profile complition... i believe i read that. IDK

Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
8 of 38

Mateo R. S wrote:

John K wrote:

John: i think the statement says the skills test removeal wont affect the profile complition... i believe i read that. IDK

I think John was correct, the same thing happened to me. The thing the OP and I have in common is we were both top rated and we both suddenly lost our badges due to profile completion.  I tried making a few changes to my profile, but the only thing that improved the completion score was adding something to my education section. 

I opened a ticket and the advice was just a link to the help file on Top Rated status along with an inspiring story about one freelancer who earned Top Rated status. (Never mind that I've been Top Rated for years, so I didn't need the inspiring story, I just needed to know what had changed since yesterday!)  

Andrey S Member Since: Jul 17, 2017
9 of 38

Samantha S wrote:

I opened a ticket and the advice was just a link to the help file on Top Rated status along with an inspiring story about one freelancer who earned Top Rated status. (Never mind that I've been Top Rated for years, so I didn't need the inspiring story, I just needed to know what had changed since yesterday!)  

Same here. Upwork, seriously? You promised that removing tests will not affect profile completeness, then we lose top rated status because it actually did affect profile completeness and now the support is totally unaware what's going on on the platform.

Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
10 of 38

The same thing happened to me today. I've been Top Rated for nearly three years. This morning I lost Top Rated status due to profile completion. Yesterday my profile was 100% complete, today 70% complete. This is because I didn't complete the education section, which is now apparently required. I am pretty sure this is why since adding something to the education section fixed the completion problem, though it didn't restore the badge. I guess I need to wait two weeks until the next update for that.

It would have been nice to have had a warning about the change in profile calculation. I saw the notification about the skills tests, but it said it wouldn't affect existing profile scores. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS