Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Badge gone

mandar_gharat
Community Leader
Mandar G Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
1 of 13

Hi,

I got Top rated badge a week ago as my earning were above $1K and even got a mail from upwork for earning $1K. Now i found that in My stats page my 12-month earnings is showing $965 and Top rated badge has gone. 

Can anyone tell me why it has happened.

Thanks,

Mandar 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 13

because earnings from more than a year ago fell out of the 12 month window, so you no longer have 12 month earnings of more than $ 1000 and therefor are not eligible for top rated status.

mandar_gharat
Community Leader
3 of 13

Thank you for the reply Petra, So does it means that i will never get the badge again in future?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 13

No, of course it does not mean that, as soon as the 12 month earning are above $ 1000 again you get it back.

mandar_gharat
Community Leader
5 of 13

so does it means that i have start earning from $1 to $1000 in next 12 months to get the badge

tranvanhieu
Community Guru
Hieu T Member Since: Aug 11, 2017
6 of 13

If you got $900 in the last 11 months, get $100 in next month will bring it back.

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator
mandar_gharat
Community Leader
7 of 13

Thank you for reply Hieu T, Last week my 12 months earning under My stats page were showing above $1K and i got the badge and now it is showing $965

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
BEST ANSWER
8 of 13
No.

It's over the period of one year (12 months).

So, let's pretend you only earned $1000 last year, even if you earned more. With what your 12 month earnings are currently at, you made $35 last February. We're just pretending here. I don't know what you made last February, only that it took you $35 below the $1000.

Since that $35 wasn't made in the past twelve months (because it was made last February and February 2017 was more than a year ago) it doesn't count anymore. If you make $35 this month, you'll get your badge back until whatever money you earned last March falls out of the 12 month window.

So you just have to keep earning more each month than you did last year and you'll be ok.

Then, let's say you have a great month in, oh.... December 2018 and you earn $1000. You would then be able to keep your badge until at least December 2019, provided your other qualifications are meet.

I hope that helps.

I'm terrible at math. But I do understand time frames. Sort of. Working at home warps that understanding, too 😉 thought yesterday was Tuesday🙄

View solution in original post

mandar_gharat
Community Leader
9 of 13

Thank you Melissa for the reply with the explanation, It make sense to me now.

Thanks to all who replied and helped me

Have a great Day

Thanks

Mandar

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
10 of 13
No problem! Just keep an eye on the 12 month earnings. That should show you how much you need to earn to meet the criteria. Currently, you're close!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS