Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Top Rated Badge removed

Highlighted
Active Member
Khadija R Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
1 of 9

Hi,

 

A few months back, I got my Top Rated badge and a few days ago, I saw that it has been removed and my earlier 100% success rate has gone down to 89%. I recently got a 5 rating for a project and my 12 month earnings are way more than 1000 USD. 

 

I'm a bit confused. Why was my rating dropped out of the blue and why was my badge removed? And is there any way to recover my badge.

 

 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

Khadija R wrote:

 

A few months back, I got my Top Rated badge and a few days ago, I saw that it has been removed and my earlier 100% success rate has gone down to 89%. I recently got a 5 rating for a project and my 12 month earnings are way more than 1000 USD. 

 

I'm a bit confused. Why was my rating dropped out of the blue and why was my badge removed? And is there any way to recover my badge.


The main requirement of top-rated status is a JSS in excess of 90%

and you dropped below that.

Can you tell when your JSS dropped?

Either you had poor private feedback on the last job that closed, or maybe you had a contract ever close with nothing (ever) paid, fully refunded, or open with nothing (ever) paid for 2-3+ months?

 

Because you had so few contracts, each one weighs very heavily, which is how one contract can drop your JSS so much. On the other hand, one "good" outcome will most likely push you back above 90%.

Active Member
Khadija R Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
3 of 9

I had a 4.85 rating in December 2018 for a 1-month project. After that, I worked on two projects from August 2018 to June 2019 and both clients gave me a 5.00 rating. I've always been paid, never had a complaint. There is one client with an open contract from Nov 2018 till now who haven't sent in more work and the contract is open. But I also have another ongoing contract which is active.

 

I've attached my work history as well so that maybe you can take a look and see what I'm missing? I'm worried because ever since my badge was removed and my rating dropped, my interview invitations have winded down to one to none.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

How long ago did your JSS drop and you lost the badge?

Is it possible that was in June?

 

Active Member
Khadija R Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
5 of 9

Yes! It was. 

 

It was all the more surprising because I got a very good rating in June and both dropped right after that.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
6 of 9

Khadija R wrote:

Yes! It was. 

 

It was all the more surprising because I got a very good rating in June and both dropped right after that.


You got poor private feedback for that contract. The stars are pretty much irrelevant. Private feedback is what counts. Had you reacted within 2 weeks of losing your top rated status you could have used your top rated perk and removed the contract from your JSS calculation, but now it is too late.

 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
7 of 9

Khadija R wrote:

Hi,

 

A few months back, I got my Top Rated badge and a few days ago, I saw that it has been removed and my earlier 100% success rate has gone down to 89%. I recently got a 5 rating for a project and my 12 month earnings are way more than 1000 USD. 

 

I'm a bit confused. Why was my rating dropped out of the blue and why was my badge removed? And is there any way to recover my badge.

 

 


You lose top rated when your JSS falls below 90%, but you can recover it as soon as you are 16 week above again. You probably got not so good private feedback, what is your "clients that would recommend you"  number?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 9

Martina P wrote:

what is your "clients that would recommend you"  number?

She's not had enough contracts to calculate that yet.

Active Member
Khadija R Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
9 of 9

I actually got a 5.0 rating (June 2019)  right before the JSS dropped and I lost the badge. My worst rating was 4,85 and that was in December 2018.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS