🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top Rated Connects
Page options
simonhumphries
Community Member

Top Rated Connects

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm not quite in enough of a self-hating mood to trawl through the 68 page (and counting) thread about the new way connects are working to find out the answer.... It's more of a curiosity than anything,

- I'm cheap and don't pay for premium services on upwork

- I've never used up my connects allowance in a month, and am used to the way that it refills up to 60 at the end of the 'billing' period because I haven't paid for the connects to roll over.

- I'm top rated

So with the new way things will work, us lucky and super talented top-rated freelancers who have managed to figure out the JSS  will be given a one-off 60 connects. Will these be added onto the ones I have remaining in my account at the time, or will they essentially act as the normal topup for another month, and leave me with a total of 60?

It's no big deal either way and makes a whopping $9 difference, but might mean I either hold on to them, send out loads of props as the change date approaches... or maybe I'll burn them all during my non-denominational fire festival to celebrate the new and improved upwork where we'll all find it easier to get quality jobs (or, at the very least, a message from a client trying to reduce rates)

3 REPLIES 3
josefuentes2016
Community Member

Hey Simon,

I did read the new terms and it seems the ones we currently have will not roll over to the new conencts we will get in the set up Upwork will have.

Thanks Jose...

That makes sense, business as usual for another month then... Time to build my bonfire

I suppose it means there are two different types of connects then. The ones we have now, and the new ones we're getting from next month (assuming those ones are the ones that expire after a year).

I'm glad I'm not the person who had to design the system to ensure it's all done flawlessly and fairly to differentiate between the accounts that are rolling over or not. That guy/gal deserves a medal. Possibly a holiday.  And maybe a hard hat.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

According to the official announcement (which you can read at the top of the Official Announcements thread, without enjoying the subsequent 68 pages of weeping and wailing), each FL can roll over up to 140 connects monthly. You get whatever is in your basket plus the one-time allotment of 60, and anything up to 140 rolls over each month. I think they expire eventually, but not for a long time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members