🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My job success rate is not increasing
Page options
jaycee_digitals
Community Member

Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing

Hello, there.

Yes, I'd like to know why my weeks for qualification for top-rated status haven't been increasing, despite meeting the qualifications

Yes, I was on my 15th week of the 16 weeks to qualify for the top-rated badge :japanese_symbol_for_beginner: on Upwork before I miss out on the qualification. The qualification weeks have been dropping back for the weeks I wasn't qualified till it got to the 6th week of the qualification weeks. 

After working on some jobs and getting nice ratings, I got back to 93% JSS and since then I've been maintaining the 93%.

It's now over 7 weeks having over 90% JSS and meeting all of the criteria but the weeks seem not to be increasing.🤔

Please, I'd like to know why this is happening.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Regards,

Joy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Joy,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

475 REPLIES 475
AndreaG

Hi Joy,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork

Ooh. Okay.

Thanks, Andrea.

dd63c576
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have 92% JSS but my Top Rated eligible weeks are struck. can you please see it. 

Hi Saddam,

Thank you for your message. Eligible weeks are the ones where you had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score at 90% or above. Every Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago. Because of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible ones as last time we checked. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

What a clear explanation. Thanks Pradeep. 

Hello my  Eligible weeks are stuck on 10 of 16 from last 8 weeks I should be a top rated seller right now on upwork my jss is 100% please Help

bc10158f
Community Member

Hi, 
I maintained top rated elligible for 16 weeks and my job success score is 100% and I am way past the $1000. Also, I maintend my rising talent badge all this time. 

Still no top rated badge. Can you help.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 8.50.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 8.52.15 AM.png

Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Niraj, 

I apologize for the delay; we had to look into this further. A member of the team has reached out to you directly through a support ticket to assist you further with your account concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Every week my JSS doesn't change and my top-rated eligible weeks go down every week which is weird. While I continue to earn money weekly at an hourly rate. On the stats page, Long-term clients are decreasing every week so I have two long-term clients and one client has already rehired me. And yet I have good comments on my jobs. It's weird what's going on.

moisethegeek_1-1661508900546.png

Thank you Andrea G

I have the same problem but solved now. 

Thanks. 

How many weeks it took would you please let me know.

251d89d5
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I hope you are doing great.

I have maintained my Rising Talent Badge and also my Top Rated Eligible Weeks are 16 of 16 but I still didn't get Top Rated Badge. Could you please help me?

Thank you.

Ramzan

251d89d5_0-1676912880933.png

Ramzan
5206722a
Community Member

Top Rated eligible not weeks increase my profile 90% Job Success, please increase week and show my top-rated

Hi Sumera, 

Please, note that in order for the eligible weeks to increase, you would have to meet the eligibility requirements each new week while non-eligible weeks fall off the calculation. Please check the 'Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks' section of this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5206722a
Community Member

Second time jss increase 92% but not increase this top-rated increase weeks, so please calculate my top-rated week  

82fc3a4e
Community Member

I completed all the requirements regarding Top Rated badge criteria. Now when / how much long it will take to unlock the badge?

Thank you for your kind reply !

Usually, it takes around 2-4 weeks till it to updates again. Plus you need to keep submitting job requests and reply quickly to your clients. I believe you got this cover, just be patient. You already made it and not a load do.

Relax and wait for your badge. Congrats mate!!

d433c34f
Community Member

After having top rated eligible for 13 weeks, and getting a bad review on the 13th week. Will the eligible weeks reset to zero?..

Also after getting a good review and the JSS becomes 90+ again, will it start from zero again? After already having 13 weeks previously 

Hi Babajide,

Thank you for your message. Your eligible weeks do not reset to zero but your current week will be considered an ineligible week if you do not meet the requirements. This may reduce your eligible weeks counts by one or remain the same depending on your previous 16 weeks statistics. You can refer to this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi pradeep, Thank you for replying me

So, now I've hit 1k+, I've also hit 13/16 weeks, but I'm afraid by saturday my job success might drop lower than 90,

After it drops and I get it back, how long will it take to get a top rated badge now?

9478f286
Community Member

I have completed 9 jobs and 7 of them are 5 stars and good reviews but my success rate is 60% and not updating so I can't get jobs or stand out. What should I do to get it up?

Hi Boran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

~ AJ
Upwork
pratikdas483
Community Member

Hi,

On May 1, 2022, I had a JSS of 100% and my top rated eligible weeks were showing as 3 out of 16.

On May 15, 2022, my JSS is updated and it is 100%. However, my top rated eligible weeks are still showing as 3 out of 16.

Could you please explain why my top rated eligible weeks did not increase to 5 out of 16? I maintained the same JSS of 100% for 2 weeks (i.e., from May 1, 2022 to May 15, 2022). Shouldn't these 2 weeks get added to my top rated eligible weeks? 

Hi Pratik,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

I got the clarification from the Support Team member. Thanks a lot for the support. My query is resolved. 

Best regards,

Pratik

Hello, Patrik. I am having the same issue. May I ask what clarifications did you receive? Thank you

Hi Dina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of the qualifications is to also have 12-month earnings of at least $1,000. Kindly check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, AJ. But my issue is that my top rated eligible weeks did not increase this week even though I have maintained a 100% JSS. Last August 29, it updated to 3/16, this week it is still the same.

mfaisalashfaq
Community Member

So my top-rated eligible weeks are not updating. I just checked the "My Stats" tab and it shows that it was last updated on May 15. But it's still showing old results. Also, I think my JSS should have increased because I recently closed a contract on May 6 with 5 stars. Can someone from the team can look into this. Thanks. 
f6f89c6a
Community Member

Hello,

I have been having a Top Rated Plus badge since around the end of last year, and it's been always showed on my profile page.

Just this week when I checked my profile again, that Top Rated Plus badge has not appereaed on my profile page.

Did I do something to change the badge status?

Top Rated badge requirements
  • Have a current Job Success Score of 90% or higher. (Mine is 100%)
  • Have had their first hire on Upwork more than 90 days ago. (i am still being hired now)
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. (not sure what means by 13, I have 18 in process)
  • Have a 100% complete profile. (yes)
  • Have 12-month earnings of at least $1,000. (yes, 10,000)

Recently the only change was one of my client closed a contract and gave me 5 star feedback, I didn't remove it.

Just wondering, what's reason made my top rated plus status be removed and how to get back? Thanks!

You are confusing top rated and top rated plus, they have different requirements. This is for top rated plus:

Criteria for individual freelancers and non-exclusive agency members:

• Total earnings over $10,000 in the past 12 months
  • Agencies have total earnings over $20,000 in the past 12 months
  • Worked or working on one or more large* contracts in the past 12 months without negative outcomes.
    • You must earn funds on your large contract within the past 12 months for it to remain qualified. Otherwise, it does not qualify for Top Rated Plus.
  • Maintained Top Rated status

Thanks for the answering! Yes I think I am in line with the top 4, but not quite sure that how to maintain top rated status.

Hi Lyra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While a client may give you good public feedback, please note that private feedback is at play as well. With that in mind, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress by looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, thanks for the explaining.

From your second paragraph, my understanding is I might get a negative private feedback last week, which made my Rising Talent status or JJS decrease. BTW, could I ask how to maintain my Rising talent status? I was focusing on 2-3 clients from my last 16 weeks, and didn't submit many proposals to other jobs. Is this a reason decline my rising talent status? thanks so much!

mohzys23
Community Member

Hello, my top-rated eligible week has been stagnant for more than 5 weeks and I have gotten past a 90% success score over these five weeks. Please tell me what is going on with my profile or why I have not gotten my top-rated badge again.

Hi Moses,

~ AJ
Upwork
mohzys23
Community Member

Hello community, it has been more than six weeks since I got past the 90% JSS score and my badge is still not in my profile. Please what requirements do I need to meet to get the badge again?

My top Rated eligible weeks have been stagnant and my JSS score reduced from 94% to 92% today I have most of my contracts still in progress so how did I get a reduced JSS score.

Hi Moses,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Looks like the reason why you still haven't received the Top Rated badge, is because there is a non-eligible week within the total number of weeks for your calculation. In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths