Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Rated Freelancer Email

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
51 of 55

@Krisztina U wrote:

Suzanne, if my post offended you, I apologize, it was not my intention nor was it directed at you or anyone in this thread really - it was a general observation. Every single person in this thread who received the email could be exceptional, there's no way for me to tell and even if there was, my opinion is just one amongst many - it doesn't really matter. I based my post on the email we all got, and the criteria are way too soft for my own personal liking and despite having received it, it doesn't mean anything to me after having seen the criteria. I am frustrated with oDesk because after all these years, they still haven't come up with a solution to reward top performers and freelancers who continue to keep their business on oDesk despite the fact that 24 months have passed and they could easily take their client(s) off site. Freelancer's who work on long-term projects are still only one subpar rating away from having their oDesk career crushed - because once a contract surpassed a certain size, there is just no way to ever recover from it, and none of the new metrics/badges truly address that.

Guess I am being testy today cause of all the changes their bugs have made yet another mess. And this time it is me that is having to deal with it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
52 of 55

@Suzanne N wrote:
Guess I am being testy today cause of all the changes their bugs have made yet another mess. And this time it is me that is having to deal with it.

I know exactly what you mean, Suzanne. Recent events have prompted me to bid on a couple of jobs. No longer a Connects newbie, heh.

And sure, my profile shows all this shiny new bling. But searching for jobs requires multiple saved searches, and I still don't see all the new jobs in my niche right away.

And only this week have I been able to find my profile when using the annoying "freelancer search" function.  Problem is, 17 other users above me, most showing nothing on their profile for the search term I was using.

On behalf of one of my clients, I've also been conducting searches for freelancers, and that is just as time consuming as it was 2 years ago.

All these fancy updates mean 0, nada, zip if the the underlying functionality of oDesk is not working.

I remain hopeful however, that eventually, someday, some of these things will be resolved.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
53 of 55

Completely agree with you Krisztina. Although I am glad to be one of the "top rated", it doesn't feel that great because considering the criteria, it's quite easy to qualify for it.

"Truly exceptional" freelancers do deserve some extra/other recognition. Although I probably wouldn't qualify for that, it would be somethng to aspire to and it would benefit those who really deserved it. 

That being said, benefits like "personalized and premium support" should not be exclusive to top rated freelancers. Everyone (except time-wasters and frauds) deserves to receive a decent level of support for their issues and/or questions.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
54 of 55

Krisztina wrote, "I think the issue with the Money Back Guarantee is that oDesk offers it in the freelancer's name without the freelancer's consent, but if a client takes advantage of it, and wants the money back, the freelancer gets penalized for it, no questions asked."

I couldn't agree more. I was perturbed the first time I learned that a job I accepted had the MBG. Once I contacted support and learned that there wasn't anything I could do about it, I stopped worrying about it. I was only suggesting that from the client point of view, it would get my attention more than a new badge; I wasn't endorsing it, not that my non-endorsement makes any difference.

55 of 55

John, I understood that-I just wanted to say that I personally didn't deserve it at the time when I got it.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS