cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Freelancer Email

Megan W Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
11 of 55

Such a good point. Anonymity is crucial to some people. 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
12 of 55

Pandora,

thanks for posting that. I didn't receive that oDesk email yet, even though I appear to qualify for this *distinction*. Anyway, this is supposed to be one of the perks:

• Premium support, including phone and chat

I'm curious how it differs from the existing chat support. I'm not sure there's a phone support option right now--if there is, I've never used it.

13 of 55

@John K wrote:

Pandora,

thanks for posting that. I didn't receive that oDesk email yet, even though I appear to qualify for this *distinction*. Anyway, this is supposed to be one of the perks:

• Premium support, including phone and chat

I'm curious how it differs from the existing chat support. I'm not sure there's a phone support option right now--if there is, I've never used it.

Welcome, John. I did notice the mention of premium support, but by gosh, I've only talked to a live person once, and it was a long long time ago. I rarely need to contact support, but usually it's not time sensative stuff.

For advanced users of Odesk who have serious issues though, this is, in theory, a real perk.

What I do not understand is why I never got invited to the previous incarnation of this service. No biggie really though, I tend to work really long term jobs, and normally don't even show up in search results due to either the mad robot, or because I am marked un-available.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
14 of 55

Just got mine too tyty  Smiley Very Happy

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
15 of 55

Like John, I also seem to qualify yet didn't receive an email Smiley Sad

However, I think I'd be happier if some of the worrying bugs that have been recently plaguing the system were identified & destroyed!

EDIT: Well I just received my email. I have to say though that the criteria for a "Top Rated" freelancer is not very strong at all.

Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
16 of 55

Hmm, I did not get any email either, although I have a job sucess score of 99% and monthly incomes which are by far more than sufficient compared to what's listed on that page linked above.

What went wrong?

Anyways, I'd be happier to be able to send clients messages again rather than having a shiny badge in my profile...

Best,

André

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
17 of 55

I don't know about the others who received the email, but in my case it was to inform me that I am eligible, but I need to have a 100% complete profile (mine was lacking 'Employment History'). Maybe you didn't get the email because your profile is complete.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
18 of 55

Perhaps emails are going first to freelancers who did were not part of the old program?

I have no idea how many established users were part of the old program, but I would guess it was quite a few.

Or perhaps the outgoing emails are sent randomly, or by some other determined variable that has nothing to do with actual "qualification".

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
21 of 55

Just now, got my email. Cat Very Happy It's probably because I use yahoo mail for sentimental reasons. Cat Embarassed

21 of 55

"It's probably because I use yahoo mail for sentimental reasons."

Ugh that's exactly the same reason I still keep and use 2 Yahoo mail accounts Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS