Did you mean: 

Top Rated Freelancer Email

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
21 of 55

At least I have gmail for 'mission critical' email. Cat Wink

22 of 55

I haven't got mine yet. I'm crying. I'll be missing out on, among other things:

• Exclusive job invites from our in-house recruiters. Oh, more invitations to jobs for writers and Polish civil engineers - goodee!

• Personalized recommendations to strengthen your profile. Perlease - can you not just leave us to run our businesses like we used to??

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
23 of 55

@Stephen B wrote:

I haven't got mine yet. I'm crying. I'll be missing out on, among other things:

• Exclusive job invites from our in-house recruiters. Oh, more invitations to jobs for writers and Polish civil engineers - goodee!

• Personalized recommendations to strengthen your profile. Perlease - can you not just leave us to run our businesses like we used to??

Now wait a sec! I could actually use some Profile assistance. Smiley Tongue What is this about Polish civil engeers that you speak of? What the heck is going on in Poland?

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
24 of 55

I got it now. Can't wait for my shiny new badge - yippee.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
25 of 55

I also received the email, perhaps some have not as the email did say

"Stay tuned for our public announcement. You're the first to know—keep up the great work, and you'll be the first benefit. "

Perhaps since they haven't announced it they haven't emailed everyone? Or maybe since some of you are using Yahoo (which I would never use to undependable) it is just running late. 

Congratulations to those who did receive it.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
26 of 55

@Suzanne N wrote:

I also received the email, perhaps some have not as the email did say

"Stay tuned for our public announcement. You're the first to know—keep up the great work, and you'll be the first benefit. "

Perhaps since they haven't announced it they haven't emailed everyone? Or maybe since some of you are using Yahoo (which I would never use to undependable) it is just running late. 

Congratulations to those who did receive it.

Gratz Suzanne!  I don't use Yahoo except for trash mail. I get notifications of oDesk email 3 different ways so that I don't miss anything important.

I think perhaps some sort of filtering might be involved with these outgoing emails like you said, because I'd have expected a lot more of the "hardcore" forum crowd to have chimed in here. Or maybe, just maybe, everyone is busy working. Heh.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
27 of 55

Pandora Thanks!

Hopefully everyone is working hard. I have been today..

Community Guru
28 of 55

I don't know about working hard, but I'm working. Maybe I'm trying to 'work smarter, not harder.' By the way, the email says,

"Stay tuned for our public announcement. You're the first to know—keep up the great work, and you'll be the first benefit."

I think they meant "you'll be the first to benefit."

29 of 55

@John K wrote:

I don't know about working hard, but I'm working. Maybe I'm trying to 'work smarter, not harder.' By the way, the email says,

"Stay tuned for our public announcement. You're the first to know—keep up the great work, and you'll be the first benefit."

I think they meant "you'll be the first to benefit."

Wow John, I missed that. Good thing my job specialty is not proofreading!

Community Guru
30 of 55

@Pandora H wrote:

Wow John, I missed that. Good thing my job specialty is not proofreading!

It's not mine, either. Kind of like counting the number of F's in "Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.”

When reading quickly, the brain can skip over the connective words like 'of' and 'to'