Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Freelancer Email

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
31 of 55

@John K wrote:

By the way, the email says,

"Stay tuned for our public announcement. You're the first to know—keep up the great work, and you'll be the first benefit."

Hahhaha, oh dear... 

32 of 55

Got mine too tonight. I changed from "available 30h/week" to "Full time". Maybe that did the trick? Or there is really some "system" regarding Email notifications...system and oDesk?

Hmm, got to be the first explanation. Smiley LOL

Filip G Member Since: Feb 22, 2015
33 of 55

André,
I doubt that is the case - I've got my availability set as "Part-time" for a long time, and still received the e-mail today.

I'm personally most interested in "Exclusive job invites from our in-house recruiters" part. Anyone having clue what that could mean?

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
34 of 55

Judging by some of the reports on here (and by my own experience) it means that we will be sent irrelevant and useless job invitations chosen by real people in oDesk rather than by its robots

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
35 of 55

I got the 'best freelancers' one. But I've clearly dropped in the rankings since then. WHY FABIO WHY??????????? Man Mad

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
36 of 55

Yataa! I am one of them! Smiley Happy

Grace Florencia M Member Since: Sep 12, 2008
37 of 55

I received one too. Smiley Happy

Shelly M Member Since: Aug 11, 2011
38 of 55

Two things:

1. It's not surprising, and almost expected, that since we are freelancers there appear to be a lot of "individual" new posts on the community forum. (As if no one has time or desire to search for the subject, this is based on my experience, but I took a leap and assumed someone, somewhere would be discussing the Top Rated" email.

2. My initial reason for wanting to speak on this topic is that I have a new client as of Monday, I joined a Skype meeting today and the subject was brought up by one person on my new team. Turns out that all three of us were sent the same email.

Bonus thing:

I want to know statistics about oDesk. I'm looking it up. How many of us are there? I saw some number like 500 the other day, but that can't be correct for a world wide total, can it?

-Shelly, (newb to the odesk forums)

P.S. Thing:

It just occured to me that two times during the meeting the client mentioned that he and his assistant took months to find us. They stated their displeasure with so many freelancers there were to wade through to find the freelancers that they desired, and who 'fit their bill', so-to-speak. Myself and the other freelancer both declined the job at first and the client talked us both into accepting it. I guess my point is that I feel grateful that the client took the time to find me and convince me, but I feel like maybe theses new category updates are helping potential employers find the person they want more efficiently and faster.

Laiq K Member Since: Apr 25, 2011
39 of 55

After receiving this email, I was feeling honored and proud to myself, but after visiting this forum come to know that hundreds of us (or may be thousands) got the same email.

"Stay tuned for our public announcement. You're the first to know—keep up the great work, and you'll be the first benefit. "

Anyhow waiting for implementation of this "Top Rated" program Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
40 of 55

@Laiq K wrote:

After receiving this email, I was feeling honored and proud to myself, but after visiting this forum come to know that hundreds of us (or may be thousands) got the same email.

"Stay tuned for our public announcement. You're the first to know—keep up the great work, and you'll be the first benefit. "

Anyhow waiting for implementation of this "Top Rated" program Smiley Happy

I don't see hundreds posting they got the email, although I would expect a large number on oDesk that are top freelancers did. It is a large community. oDesk didn't make the million dollar figures last year with bad freelancers, so I expect a large number of freelancers are in the top ranking.

I feel good that I am one of them, but I don't think a shiny new badge is going to get us more work. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS