🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Graphic Designer with 100% JSS but ...
Page options
bnauwag
Community Member

Top Rated Graphic Designer with 100% JSS but still no jobs, no interviews since many months.

I'm a top rated Graphic designer with 100% JSS but neither I'm getting hired nor getting invited for job interviews since more than 6 months. What could be the possible reason? Is it Upwork marketplace is too saturated for Graphic Designers? 

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bishnu P wrote:

I'm a top rated Graphic designer with 100% JSS but neither I'm getting hired nor getting invited for job interviews since more than 6 months. What could be the possible reason? Is it Upwork marketplace is too saturated for Graphic Designers? 

Definitely is the market place saturated. There are over 190K freelancers in graphic design of upwork (and those are only the profiles not set to private), and of those only 28K have any earnings. So you are in competition with 190K people, 162K without earnings who are likely willing to take on very low paying jobs to get their foot in the door, a low pay that you might not be willing to work for as you are already established with a good work history and feedback. 

hardorff
Community Member

I struggle getting work too as a writer, translator, and video editor. I have a few clients who are getting back to me every month with work, but when I apply to new jobs, it will take 30-40 proposals before I get hired.

I hope it will change with the new cost of connects on Upwork, so there will be fewer proposals per job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members