🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Plus & 100% JSS with barely invites...
Page options
jerow30
Community Member

Top Rated Plus & 100% JSS with barely invites + profile views

Hi guys,

I've been having some concerns related to my profile views and invites.

In the last 90 days, my profile has only been viewed 24 times and gotten 17 invites as a Top Rated Plus with 100% JSS. Also, only roughly 15-20% of my proposals are viewed by the clients, even though I only apply for jobs that match my skill set.

To make matters worse, I can never find my profile within the first 20 pages of my category. Meanwhile, I come across freelancers with 60-70% JSS.

As far as I can remember, I was easily getting 40+ views per week when I started on Upwork, with most likely an unprofessional profile.

I like the Upwork platform and the possibility of remote work, choosing your own hours, and having the freedom to work as your own boss. But the number of clients has significantly dropped for me this year.

I've tried updating my profile description, title, portfolio, and more proposals; however, nothing changed, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

10 REPLIES 10
doriancaval
Community Member

I have the same problem with this. 100% JSS, Top Rated, absolutely never had a failed job, over-delivered for every job I had and top notch reviews.

My profile had 0 views in last 40 days and I did not get an invitation related to my work in over 90 days - a few jobs i managed to land were the ones where I sent proposals to.

The thing is - I monitor jobs related to my niche constantly and there were around 70 jobs directly linked to my niche in the last 2 months. I keep wondering - how I never showed up on anyone's search and how my profile never poped out to those folks? When i check out the jobs manually - I see that the clients are sending 3-5 invitations.

My profile is carefully crafted for SEO as well, but at this point it's just does not look good.

Yeah, it shouldn't be a thing if you have a proven track record with a well-crafted profile compared to freelancers with low JSS imo and unprofessional description imo.

might be wrong, but it seems like something has changed in the algorithm

Yeah, this is the Analytics tab from the Stats window. I was hitting 20-40 views and then suddenly 0 for a week, and 40 days with 0 views after that...

The spikes are too large and there is no continuity to the profile views/displays.

Most of your profile may be "carefully crafted" for SEO, but you've left out 3 skills in the keyword section.  Try adding more skills to that section -- Upwork allows 15 and you only have 11.  It helped me get more invites.  Also, refresh that entire section.   

ETA:  Oops, you've left out 4, not 3. 

omar_faruq_john
Community Member

The number of clients has significantly dropped for me too this year. I don't know what's going on with Upwork.

I am also a TOP RATED freelancer and my profile had only 18 views in the last 90 days and 0 invitations.

I personally don't mind the number of clients or amount of work. The thing is - there is work, I am getting live RSS feeds pushed to me. There are 3-5 jobs every single day for the past 3 months that are directly related to me.

Problem is - I do not appear on any searches or I do not appear to client's when they are inviting people to the interviews. Like, OK - it can happen for 10 days at times, no problems. But 0 invitations to related jobs and 0 search appearance in 40-50 days? Seems a bit weird - because there are jobs, there are people searching and clients are inviting freelancers to their postings because I check out every single job manually (and apply where applicable)

Community Member

I've heard from other users that the search algorithm cycles the search rankings, since there are too many users have your qualifications for fair placement of everyone who has those same qualifications.

If there are 1000 freelancers in a category with 95-100% JSS and are Top Rated Plus, how do you fairly represent all of them in the first 25-50 listings?

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Everyone whines about how qualified they are, which i'm sure is true, unfortunately that doesn't guarantee that you'll be hired. Market conditions are changing from time to time. I had 10x difference between a good period and a bad period and i was working full time in both. Keep on hustlin' guys, success is for the ones who persist

gillismitch
Community Member

I also encountered this and even accidentally found a possible cause. Unfortunately, the admins hid the topic about it turning it into just a comment. But you can still see it here in the comments finding by my name
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/why-I-can-t-get-new-clients/td-p/1216399

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members