🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Plus for editors and proofreaders
Page options
deborahemmitt
Community Member

Top Rated Plus for editors and proofreaders

I'm keen to gain Top Rated Plus status. I'm a Top Rated editor and proofreader, and the only criterion outstanding for me to step up to the Plus status is to work on a project worth over $5,000.

The problem is, no editing or proofreading job will ever be worth that much. A $1,000 job is a massive achievement for this category.

Have any editors or proofreaders managed to achieve a Top Rated Plus badge and if so, how did you do it?

Upwork admins, is there a possibility of having a Top Rated Plus "large contract" threshold for editors and proofreaders specifically? There is one for "writers" but those contracts tend to be worth more than editing ones.

Thank you in advance for any advice/information!

Debbie

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback. I will share your report with our team for further review. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it!

2a05aa63
Community Member

Deborah E wrote:

I'm keen to gain Top Rated Plus status. I'm a Top Rated editor and proofreader, and the only criterion outstanding for me to step up to the Plus status is to work on a project worth over $5,000.

The problem is, no editing or proofreading job will ever be worth that much. A $1,000 job is a massive achievement for this category.

Have any editors or proofreaders managed to achieve a Top Rated Plus badge and if so, how did you do it?

Upwork admins, is there a possibility of having a Top Rated Plus "large contract" threshold for editors and proofreaders specifically? There is one for "writers" but those contracts tend to be worth more than editing ones.

Thank you in advance for any advice/information!

Debbie

Only the top 3% of freelancers have the Top Rated Plus status. Surely the $5000 value is not something everyone can easily gain. They looked at the top 3% of writers' average project earnings. Web development requires $15000. I only got that large projects twice in the 4 years on the platform.

jared_k
Community Member

Yes, you're right, earning that much doing solely editing will be difficult. You may have to pick up a regular content writing job as well. 

bddff82c
Community Member

I'm in the same boat. I'll never make $5000 editing. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths