🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Plus "Large Contracts" Question...
Page options
scioncopywriting
Community Member

Top Rated Plus "Large Contracts" Question...

Hi, my friends! Long time since I last posted here.

I won't waste your time. This might be a silly question, but what makes for a "large contract" on Upwork?

I mean, I know that for a writer (like me), it needs to be at least $5000.

But what exactly does this mean? Should the client basically fund the contract with $5000 for it to qualify as "large"?

I hope I was as precise as possible with my query and I can't wait to hear from someone who knows!

Kind regards,

Konstantinos.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Konstantinos K wrote:

But what exactly does this mean? Should the client basically fund the contract with $5000 for it to qualify as "large"?

No. It can be an hourly contract or a fixed rate contract with one or many different milestones. It has to be ONE contract though. How much is funded is irrelevant. You only qualify for Top rated Plus once the money has been released to you anyway. So a client funding $ 5k wouldn't help.

Basically it means that when you go to the contract itself, the amount on the right ("since start" for hourly contracts, "total earnings" for fixed) is in excess of the threshold, you qualify for the badge, provided your overall earnings from all clients in the last 12 months were in excess of $10.000

Konstantinos A wrote:

For a contract to count as large (depending on the job category), Upwork counts the total earnings between a freelancer and client.

This is not correct either. Please would you stop giving wrong answers...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
df602768
Community Member

Hello, person with the same name as mine, 

Your question is not silly. 

For a contract to count as large (depending on the job category), Upwork counts the total earnings between a freelancer and client.

As you said, once a content writer earned $5.000 from a specific client, then the contract counts as large

petra_r
Community Member

Konstantinos K wrote:

No. It can be an hourly contract or a fixed rate contract with one or many different milestones. It has to be ONE contract though. How much is funded is irrelevant. You only qualify for Top rated Plus once the money has been released to you anyway. So a client funding $ 5k wouldn't help.

Basically it means that when you go to the contract itself, the amount on the right ("since start" for hourly contracts, "total earnings" for fixed) is in excess of the threshold, you qualify for the badge, provided your overall earnings from all clients in the last 12 months were in excess of $10.000

Konstantinos A wrote:

This is not correct either. Please would you stop giving wrong answers...

Thanks so much, Petra! That really makes it clear for me.

And it helps me realize that even if the client goes absent for a while, it's best to just wait than ask them to close the contract until they're ready to work with me again.

I've been doing that for a while because I'm allergic to open contracts, but my chances for Top Rated Plus will surely remain low if I keep doing it.

So I'm very glad I asked that question! Thanks again!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members